Arcane Tower Birdcage: Suggestion Feedback

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Atlantahammy

Arcane Tower Birdcage: Suggestion Feedback

Post by Atlantahammy » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:03 pm

So given the suggestion box is currently locked, I figured this would be a good place to talk about, and get some feedback about a possible suggestion I have in mind, and I'd like to know if i'm asking too much:
Could we get Sambar's permission to allow the birdcage to save fixtures, and to use the gardens to plant things for the Tower? It has water, (The Well pictured below, does work) and it follows the day-night an weather cycles... Given it wont be behind lock-and-key like the underdarks, but that is okay.

My also suggestion would be 4 spots per each of these plots, pictured below, for a plant, making a total of 24.. I know some would suggest 6 per-plot but I think that maybe a bit over kill (coming to a total of 36) :

As it stands right now, The birdcage is kinda just a nifty lil' ester egg to find, with lil' to no use, it's just... There?
  • It doesn't save fixtures.
  • The Garden's Can't be used to plant anything.
  • There is no way to get into the shack. (Is there even anything in there?)
  • Speedies get stuck in it.
  • Sambar currently wont talk to anyone.
Thoughts?

Fionn

Re: Arcane Tower Birdcage: Suggestion Feedback

Post by Fionn » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:46 am

There's a birdcage? I seriously should have gone to that New Hire orientation!
~~~~~~
Badger
Wynn
RIP: Paddy

Atlantahammy

Post by Atlantahammy » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:53 am

Fionn wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:46 am
There's a birdcage? I seriously should have gone to that New Hire orientation!
Ahahah yes, it's one those things hidden around the tower, though it's sorta useless as I detailed, I figured it would be best to try and put it to some kinda use, and many tower members want a garden, but dunno WHERE we'ed have one, this is my idea.

Orian_666

Post by Orian_666 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:05 am

There are a lot of cool "secrets" in the new Tower, it's really an awesome job they did on it =D
As for the suggestion i'd be all for it, getting more use from the place would be sweet. I would like if the fixture limit was quite low though, excluding plants on those plots, so that it doesn't just become a storage room.

Atlantahammy

Post by Atlantahammy » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:09 am

Orian_666 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:05 am
There are a lot of cool "secrets" in the new Tower, it's really an awesome job they did on it =D
As for the suggestion i'd be all for it, getting more use from the place would be sweet. I would like if the fixture limit was quite low though, excluding plants on those plots, so that it doesn't just become a storage room.
Yeah, part of why I went with 4 plots, per bed there, that way it wouldn't be insane.

Fionn

Post by Fionn » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:39 am

Atlantahammy wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:53 am
Ahahah yes, it's one those things hidden around the tower
Where's the mortuary?
~~~~~~
Badger
Wynn
RIP: Paddy

Atlantahammy

Post by Atlantahammy » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:29 am

Huh, so I've been informed the Birdcage was never meant to actually make it into the final version of the tower? and Just hasn't been removed.

I'm unsure how to feel about this, if it's true, (Would explain why it's got little use and a bit buggy) and if allowed, maybe we could suggest just re-purposing it internally into a secret garden of some sort?

Atlantahammy

Post by Atlantahammy » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:29 am

Quick Note: Apparently there are also 16 lost fixture in there, when you put down a fixture in there, it states there 16, but you cannot see them, wonder if they've just ghosted through the floor somewhere.

(One of which is apparently a history board someones been trying to get back)

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:31 am

Could use more birds.