Bulk Brass Ingots

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Woper_The_Black

Bulk Brass Ingots

Post by Woper_The_Black » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:32 am

Would it not be feasible/correct to please adjust the recipe for bulk brass ingots from 5 ingots to 10 chunks. Every one of the other recipes for bulk ingots uses chunks not ingots. This would then be in line with the other recipes :)

Atlantahammy

Re: Bulk Brass Ingots

Post by Atlantahammy » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:12 am

Woper_The_Black wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:32 am
Would it not be feasible/correct to please adjust the recipe for bulk brass ingots from 5 ingots to 10 chunks. Every one of the other recipes for bulk ingots uses chunks not ingots. This would then be in line with the other recipes :)
There are two recipes for brass, the first one being the use of two ingots melted and mixed together, and then there is the chunks, i believe the bulk is based off the ingots for math reasons, since the Ingot recipe for 1 copper and 1 zinc ingot equals 2 brass ingots, where as the Chunk version only equals one ingot of brass.
Image Image

Woper_The_Black

Re: Bulk Brass Ingots

Post by Woper_The_Black » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:51 pm

It seems to me that the whole point of the suggestion of having bulk recipes was to stop the tediousness of having to go through multiple processes of making the ingots. As I have already mentioned in the original post all other recipes are made from chunks. I'm fully aware that there are 2 seperate recipes for brass. It just seems out of place that this one recipe requires you to go through a seperate process of making ingots before you have to yet again make more ingots, this isn't the process for any other recipe. Seemed a reasonable request to alter it to match all the other recipes. In regard to the 2 recipes, why would you possibly use the ingot recipe indicated on the left when you have to use 4 coal and 2 copper chunks plus 4 coal and 2 tin chunks and then use the the ingots plus another 2 coal to make 2 brass ingots when you can simply use 2 copper chunks and 2 tin chunks plus only 4 coal, your using an extra 6 coal for no reason at all. Maybe remove the recipe on the left at the same time as updating the brass bulk recipe ?