ESF Transmutation command

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Fionn

ESF Transmutation command

Post by Fionn » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:55 pm

Discussion regarding viewtopic.php?f=51&t=21539
I don't know if this is possible, but it'd be cool if it is: When creating the portal from the ESF Transmutation command, you also choose the destination of the portal. (Maybe let players who click on the portal see the destination too, so they know they're not being tricked or something, but that seems less important to me.) The reason why this would be cool to me is it means you can share portal destinations with friends who don't have them, without needing to make any potentially difficult journeys, so long as at least the epic transmuter has that attunement beforehand. Though technically epic conjurers can already kinda do this I guess.
Conjuration
  • GSF: +1 Summon tier
  • ESF: allows -Yoink
Transmutation
  • GSF: allows -Teleport
    AND +1 bonus to 'Animal' spells.
  • ESF: allows creation of a 'fleeting source portal' to destinations the user already knows
    AND +2 bonus to 'Animal' spells
If this suggestion is implemented as written, it seems to greatly diminish the utility of ESF: Conjuration. This feat does not currently (AFAIK) have any other strong utility (+2 Save DC).

I'd also predict Skal getting frequent portals back to the mainland if the entire island is not ward from such.
~~~~~~
Badger
Wynn
RIP: Paddy

Halibutthead

Re: ESF Transmutation command

Post by Halibutthead » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:16 pm

Just going to point out that conj spells are god-tier, and that the "+2 save dc" on really strong spells is really freakin strong

Fionn

Post by Fionn » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:36 pm

Just looked over Cloudkill - might have to start using that. The Divine list is a bit better IMO, but I see good choices in Transmutation too.
~~~~~~
Badger
Wynn
RIP: Paddy

Griefmaker

Post by Griefmaker » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:12 pm

One nice thing about yoink over teleport or create_teleport is that yoink can pull someone to you no matter where you are (for the most part). So it can be used to bring someone to a house, a dungeon, on the road, wherever.

-teleport and -create_teleport can only bring a person/group to portal destinations.

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:10 am

Being able to rescue a friend from a dicey situation, or call up reinforcements before a fight, is incredibly valuable.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain