Tedium

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Fionn

Tedium

Post by Fionn » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:38 pm

Going thought the suggestion forum, I note there's several entries to alleviate excessive clicking. Irongron just greenlit one I've been hoping to see (thanks!). There seems to be a lot of places in the crafting system specifically where we use tedium to discourage use. E.g.
  • Dust of Appearance requires simple components, but 10 small cloth is rather burdensome to craft even if you are buying raw cotton from a settlement in bulk.
  • Small Seed Balm - 18 cheap reagents to make a single balm seems designed to slow down mass production particularly if you aren't a STR toon.
  • Brew Potion (Feat) - Empty bottles aren't stackable. This requires I inventory space/weight and much button clicking to make a useful stack of [i.e. Bulls Str(15)]. End results can be stacked, but must be renamed (ditto Wands and Golems on the rename).
On the flip side, Empty Potion Bottles and Bone Wands are both craftable, but are sold for a far too cheap to ever do so by Westin. Ditto Alchemist Fire (Hawk's Nest), and I'm sure there are other recipes that are never used.

Is this intended, or merely a result of organic growth of the crafting systems?
~~~~~~
Badger
Wynn
RIP: Paddy