Casters need some love

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Radicast

Casters need some love

Post by Radicast » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:14 am

I just want to point out that the customization in this game is crazy cool.. however out of like 50 different plate helm looks. not one is any good for a mage least imo anyways. what i would do for a Gandolf hat... lol

Also Im fairly new to the Server my favorite class of all time is wizard. i took tailoring as you know most mages tailoring is a really nice trade for em. but then later found out that out of ALL the crafting options only 1 item gives +1 int? everything else is dex/char.. kinda disappointed about that..

Atlantahammy

Re: Casters need some love

Post by Atlantahammy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:22 am

Ehhh I think it's that way cause Enchnaters like me, can make Items like this:

There is an item you can find, called a thayvian circlet, that is pretty solid for wizards.

Now if you mean the fact wizards can't get the plate armor customization on their robes? Then yeah I'm a liiiiil' salty about that too, cause only can get those by wearing plate armor... which mages can't wear... I'd love to be able to use those custmization models on cloth clothing.

Tarkus the dog

Post by Tarkus the dog » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:09 am

There's a magic school dedicated to making your own stuff called 'enchanting'.

Maladus

Post by Maladus » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:08 pm

Atlantahammy wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:22 am
Now if you mean the fact wizards can't get the plate armor customization on their robes? Then yeah I'm a liiiiil' salty about that too, cause only can get those by wearing plate armor... which mages can't wear... I'd love to be able to use those custmization models on cloth clothing.
Having the system work in this way is useful in the same way that it is useful in other games, in that it gives other players an idea of what to expect when engaging an enemy in PvP. If you look at your foe and see them wearing plate and you prepare yourself for a hand to hand fight only to have the enemy start flinging spells then you’ve put yourself at a disadvantage.

That said, I agree that we need more customization options, but with the advent of HAKs on the horizon that should be less of an issue soon.

flower

Post by flower » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:14 pm

Well you can already add robe over armour.

But i would wish that metalic armour stays metalic armour (just getting more and better designs) and cloth will remain cloth. Maybe i am weird but i think that if something looks like chainmail it should be a chainmail and if something looks like leather pants it should be leather pants not platemail parts for legs :D