a neutral feedback thread for possible class hak

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Baron Saturday

Re: a neutral feedback thread for possible class hak

Post by Baron Saturday » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:07 am

It should probably be noted that non-good paladins makes Paladin/PM and Paladin/Warlock a possibility, and it should probably be considered if this is something we want.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:49 am

dug even deeper and found the other article mentioned in issue #39 of Dragon

the missing alignment in the list the CE Anti Paladin

the article jumps from page 8-9 to page 50 for the conclusion

and again this is not a blackguard

https://www.annarchive.com/files/Drmg039.pdf
Yes I can sign

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:06 am

But in every definition of BG i could find says they are known as anti-paladins though.

And as i said before,sure paladins and BG's are mechanically different but i see that as a good thing.

EDIT:Just finished reading that and the NWN/Arelith BG actually has a lot of that already (not disease immunity i think but they do get contagion) except Lay on Hands. It also has different things such as summoning.
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:02 pm

Cybernet21 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:06 am
But in every definition of BG i could find says they are known as anti-paladins though.

And as i said before,sure paladins and BG's are mechanically different but i see that as a good thing.

EDIT:Just finished reading that and the NWN/Arelith BG actually has a lot of that already (not disease immunity i think but they do get contagion) except Lay on Hands. It also has different things such as summoning.
that means Arelith BG can go back to being a prestige class for the dark side like CoT is for the Light side. But it makes it so you actually have to be that dark paladin before hand and not just a so so bad guy

I see BG right now being taken without penalties of having to be the Fiend its supposed to be pure corrupt and utterly evil serving dark powers. Right Now its i get cool smite things but i can be neutral again tomorrow
Yes I can sign