The Grind Ecconomy:

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Rooshi49

Re: The Grind Ecconomy:

Post by Rooshi49 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:28 pm

Then ignore the memorial part and go with the rest of it. The idea can still work.

McDuck

Post by McDuck » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:44 am

Dump some search to i crease the finds? The higher search ther is in the party the more loot it generates. Also craft some items from resources you find? Ther is like almoost a 1000 crafteble items, get more of those and sell them of? With some time and effort you can make lots of coin, but still this server is an RP server, are we bound to become like world of warcraft wher the grind econemy is a must? I find that the server is implanted with inough posibilities for even the 1 to 2 hour play time scadual wher people still can make a ton of gold. Make a total crafter, gets you in anny faction

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:39 pm

The point of this is to lower the feel of grind...leveling with a group feels better than alone,plus it leads to RP as long as you don't adventure with the characters silently.

Increasing both the money along with the xp (as it already happens with xp) in groups encourages grouping and indirectly RP as well as increases the fun (because encouraging grouping means less soloing wich means,less of a grind feel).And,as i said before,helps the more casual players

EDIT:No one did say gold was hard to get by even if you only play a little.We just said that grouping for cooler and more fun dungeons (normally harder too) and less soloing feels less rewarding than it should
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:55 pm

Me for example,i've been saving up for adamantine gear with my character wich returned for one IRL month now but had 0 on his account.I have 2-4 hours to play,most of the time i gotta choose between RP or "grinding",when i do choose grinding i go for:

Wich way i have more fun? Grouping with people

Wich way i end up getting more money for less time? Soloing

Sometimes i do group yes,but there are tons of times i choose to solo because the more i level the more i need better gear wich means i need the gold for my character.

Side Note:Yesterday i grouped with 2 other characters and went for a harder dungeon than usual for like my whole 3 hours play time i had for the day,what each character got? 7.5K. You know what i normally get fo soloing a easier dungeon and leaving out the "last boss" for 45 min to 1h? 6K;so if i solo during 3 hours i get around 18K

EDIT:Now i am not saying for a group of 3 characters we should be getting the same (that would be like 54 K total for a dungeon wich would be way too much gold) but at least,i don't know,12 K (36 K total) on this example? Something
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde