Summon Pathing

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Hannibal

Summon Pathing

Post by Hannibal » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:02 pm

I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to coding or if such a thing were even remotely possible without altering game code, but at the moment whenever you use the player tool to move a summon towards a location on the ground, they will bump into an object and stop pathing completely. However, when setting the summon to a task such as opening a door or attacking a NPC, they continue to path towards the location.

Perhaps changing all micromanaged movement to 'task movement' would solve this issue for quality of life?

Tranquility

Re: Summon Pathing

Post by Tranquility » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:06 pm

Pretty please with sugar and strawberry on top.

It is impossible to control more than one summon and rp at the same time, and if you're using the three vamps it takes -constant- clicking to move them or they just bump into each other and stop moving. I seem to remember however when we first got the three vamps with mummy dust that they didn't block each other, they'd also sometimes all three stood on top of each other, maybe that was an issue.

The player tool is amazing, and it's not that horrible for a single summon I feel, though they still walk straight into trees and can't figure out to go around. But if you have more than 1 summon, it's a bit of a pain. Because instead of clicking once to make the summon sidestep and go around the stupid tree, you have to click 4 times because the summons then also block each other as you try to make them walk around those thrice cursed trees.

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by MissEvelyn » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:43 pm

With one summon it's durable, unless that summon is a large creature. Then it starts bumping into LITERALLY anything and anyone and simply stops. I find myself using -fetch more than I should just because of how often the summon gets stuck.

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:02 am

Pathing can be very annoying. Sometimes I run into a bug where my summon simply won't attack unless specifically told to, creature by creature, and even then sometimes that breaks too, leaving me with a summon that does nothing but follow me around.

A fix I found was to disable playertool1, tell the creature to follow you, enable playertool1, command the creature to go to a place on the ground, disable playertool1 and it /might/ make the creature functional again.

The summon stopping when it bumps into something sure is annoying at times. A little trick I use is, if I want the creature to go quite a distance, I set it to attack a barrel/whatever in the next room. If it is set to attack something, it won't stop when it bumps into something!

.. Sorry about all the broken boxes and barrels.