Riding, combat, feats

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

White_935

Riding, combat, feats

Post by White_935 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:34 pm

Greeting,
I’ve had the hope of using a horse for my character, while mostly from a role play perspective, I’ve invested the skill and a feat into mounted combat.

From my understanding the skill ride prevents you from being thrown off + every 3 points permits 1% speed increase deepening on the horse quality.

The mounted combat feat grants +1 ab

First off max skill is generally 33+ dex modifer
So at most you’d manage a speed increase of 12.5%
So why it’s capped for 90 in skill seems odd

Plus mounted combat seems nerfed compared to what it does in vanillia nwn (extra ac based
On the formula “(1d20+ride-10)/5”
Which instead let’s you keep some tumble ac....but most Knightly classes don’t have tumble unless you rogue dip, penalizing more role play/pure builds.

The feat as a Basis of 3.5 dnd allows you do use once per round you ride skill + 1d20 as your ac to deflect a attack for instance (if I understood it right)

Am not much of a balance guy so I just wish to air, if there is any alterations that people think would be better.
Riding in combat is already limited to only parts of the world.

Thou lances are coming up soon, so perhaps that’ll make riding and horse useage a bit more interesting ?

flower

Re: Riding, combat, feats

Post by flower » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:45 pm

The riding systém is not finished. It is like in 1/3 if all things which were announced year back almost are true. Just attention is elsewhere…

It can be longer than year i managed to play....3 different characters focused on mounted combat since :lol: