Lag.

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Amineh123

Lag.

Post by Amineh123 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:00 am

Is it really something wrong with EE, or is it my internet provider? I never had any network problems before EE, now it's just almost constant lag. It's so often it's infuriating.
Maybe someone had that problem as well? Did I do something wrong? Or is it EE?

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Lag.

Post by MissEvelyn » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:51 pm

Last night I had massive lag on Distant Shores.

Griefmaker

Post by Griefmaker » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:07 pm

I actually have to vpn into a London-based server or I get crushing lag as well. I can always tell when I forget to, because I type something...and 2-5 seconds (min) it shows up.

But even with that, I have been noticing more lag of late and most especially, more crashes. Sometimes a pile of them and I do not have to be doing anything, like transitioning (which really is bad now and where I find most crashing) or fighting. And then it takes a few minutes for my CD key to be purged before I can log back in.

Emotionaloverload
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Emotionaloverload » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:29 pm

Amineh123 wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:00 am
Is it really something wrong with EE, or is it my internet provider? I never had any network problems before EE, now it's just almost constant lag. It's so often it's infuriating.
Maybe someone had that problem as well? Did I do something wrong? Or is it EE?
I get lag reliably in certain areas; pretty much every settlement or any area that has standing NPCs as well as lag every time someone enters or exits the area. This also includes coming off of stealth, changing outfits or equipping a shield. If enough of these stack, I crash. Settlements that have too much open space like Bendir or Khol are especially bad.

*Blows raspberries at EE*

-S
Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.

Amineh123

Post by Amineh123 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:16 pm

Good to know I'm not the one, and it's probably all ok with my internet and pc. 8-)
Nevertheless it's bad to know that it's a global problem without solution, so far :evil:

Vrass

Post by Vrass » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:33 pm

Same problem but im sure Beamdog will fix it in time... unless they want to start losing customers anyway.

RoyalBlood

Post by RoyalBlood » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:56 pm

If you use ATandT as a service provider they seem to have an exceptionally -horrible- connection to the server. I really get lagged out so hard I just have to log off and wait for it to pass