Babaus

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

strong yeet

Babaus

Post by strong yeet » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:22 am

Please remove these from the Minmir areas & the beginning of Avernus. They are vastly more powerful than everything else and it's borderline impossible for a level appropriate party to compete against a single one of these, much less multiple. They have more AB than even a div shielder can hope to mitigate and more AC than anyone can hope to hit.

Revelations

Re: Babaus

Post by Revelations » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:49 am

Get a group.

Seriously though, +1. They're over the top for those areas.
Be faithful in the face of death
And I will give you the crown of life

Vrass

Post by Vrass » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:35 pm

Well you know it is Hell after all... its not supposed to be pleasant.

Revelations

Post by Revelations » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:50 pm

Minmir isn't Hell.
Be faithful in the face of death
And I will give you the crown of life

Hunter548

Post by Hunter548 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:26 pm

Vrass wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:35 pm
Well you know it is Hell after all... its not supposed to be pleasant.
Minmir Manor and Morghunns lair aren't hell, they're (respectively), level 15-20ish and level 10-15ish areas. It's completly ridiculous to have epic level spawns in either area (Babaus in Minmir Manor, Succubi in Morghunns), and serves merely to add spikes of artificial difficulty, largely as a consequence of long term mixing of low CR and high CR monsters in epic areas like the Abyss and Baator. Then when those area get buffed to be less of a cakewalk for epic parties, you end up with parties getting destroyed by monsters balanced against parties ten levels higher than them.
UilliamNebel wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm
You're right. Participating in the forums was a mistake. Won't do this again.
Anime Sword Fighter wrote: I have seen far too many miniskirt anime slave girls.

msterswrdsmn

Post by msterswrdsmn » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:56 pm

I'd add to remove these as well. They don't make any sense thematically to the area (Undead duke with random devils hanging around? Why are these even here?). I don't recall seeing any notes or lore suggesting as to why they'd be there. Theres already enough there that provides a decent challenge like the palemaster monk. I like the undead there because they're challenging for the level, varied, and a few are even unique to that area.

Aaaaand then come the Babaus. Which will appear multiple times in spawns. Or appear in Minmar outdoors sometimes. And they're strong enough to rock an epic character if several (or sometimes even one) show up. The difficulty spike with these jumps from "good for high mid levels" to "LULZ DIE EPICS DIE"

Just....why?

As for Morghunns: I don't recall the succubi being that strong in the past. Were they buffed as well? I know the devils got buffed not long ago, but I don't think ive seen a succubus since

Vincent

Post by Vincent » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:52 pm

I vote to remove them too. I can't help but snicker childishly whenever I read "babau" and this leads to me not paying attention and getting into some bad situations.

Mastersir3

Post by Mastersir3 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:01 pm

I'm glad to see somebody bring this up. They have 45 ab and 40-45 ac and deal 35 damage a hit. That's 10 to 15 higher in each category than every other mob in the Minmir Battlegrounds. They just seem a bit out of place, both thematically and mechanically, and they can ruin an appropriate level group outing if more than one spawns at a time.

Hell, even if just one spawns you might be in trouble.

Emotionaloverload
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Emotionaloverload » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:04 pm

I have to agree with the Babau in Minmir. Our party could take down the Duke but not the two babau with him. It was strange to have minions this powered.

-S
Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.