-lie -fall maybe -deadf -deadb too?

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Diilicious

-lie -fall maybe -deadf -deadb too?

Post by Diilicious » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:04 pm

something ive noticed with the -lie and -fall commands is that if my character is holding a stave which they often are.. even while the PC is on their back they still have their arm rased in position holding the stave over the shoulder. its silly.

could we get a command that makes your character animate as if they are dead? so arms are out to either side, with -deadf being falling down dead on ones front and -deadb being falling down dead on ones back?
Name: Shanna Waynolt nee Tahir
Height: 5'0"
Weight: 106lb
Hair & facial archetype: Ginnifer Goodwin
Body shape archetype: Example

PinataPlethora

Re: -lie -fall maybe -deadf -deadb too?

Post by PinataPlethora » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:39 pm

Wouldn't it be easier to unequip the staff?

I don't know about you, but I'd much rather the staff worked on updates and fixes for more significant issues than slightly off-putting animations in niche cases.

Drakkenstien

Re: -lie -fall maybe -deadf -deadb too?

Post by Drakkenstien » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:48 pm

PinataPlethora wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:39 pm
Wouldn't it be easier to unequip the staff?

I don't know about you, but I'd much rather the staff worked on updates and fixes for more significant issues than slightly off-putting animations in niche cases.
For some classes, this isn't really an option, especially for wizards. As much as I'd love to be able to put away a staff on a Wizard, losing those bonus slots is too painful considering how starved wizards are for them. It gets worse when you get to later staffs with INT on them.

But, I do agree that it's not really worth the effort to "fix," even if it does look awkward.