That's not a valid target. You can poison food, drinks, bushes and water sources.

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

n00bdragon

That's not a valid target. You can poison food, drinks, bushes and water sources.

Post by n00bdragon » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:31 pm

There appears to be a large inconsistency in the uses of player crafted poisons and the message you get when trying to use them. After asking around it appears the only actual use of poisons is on water sources and possibly bushes. As of right now, you do not seem to be able to poison any food or drink items.

I understand the poison system is under rework right now, but if it's not already in the works could poisons be made to affect food and drinks? I realize that the scripting required for potions to be included too might be a bit hairy but anything that works off of Unique Power - Self Only should be easily doable. If it's possible, adding Beer, Wine, and Spirits would be nice as well. If poisoned food and drinks aren't in the cards could the message at least be amended to be correct on which items are valid targets?
Chasugana: [Xanalress]: *she takes a sip, thinking it over for a time and staring at the wall* Do you think I am honest?
Rauvlin Xun'viir: [Xanalress]: *she chuckles* Chasu, thou art an assassin, a spy, and a drow.

Cerk Evermoore

Re: That's not a valid target. You can poison food, drinks, bushes and water sources.

Post by Cerk Evermoore » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:59 am

Gotta poison those travel provisions so they can eat them 10 times!

Artenides

Re: That's not a valid target. You can poison food, drinks, bushes and water sources.

Post by Artenides » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:59 am

We are working on the poison system at the moment, please give us some time. There are currently two different systems in place, after the work is done, there will be only one!
--
Plays as: [No active char atm]
"I am a software developer and a DnD nerd. That means I am equally qualified to deal with bugs and bugbears!"