Undeads and Arelith

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Jayim Duinara

Re: Undeads and Arelith

Post by Jayim Duinara » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:13 am

Ignoramous here, I had never heard of ShadowDancer until I started here on Arelith. However, my general impression from it being a stealth class was that the SD had gotten so good at hiding in and with the shadows that he could make his OWN shadow do stuff. Peter Pan's shadow, for good guys; Dr. Facilier's, for the bad. *shruggs* Good or evil, I find it less objectionable than digging up my greatgradpa's skeleton.

---

On a completely irrelevent note...

I quite literally LOL'd when someone used Morte, of all people, from Planescape: Torment as an example of non-evil animating!!

First, did the word 'torment' in the title not tell you anything?

Second, do you not know Morte's backstory?!

He wound up where he wound up because he commited evil, the person who 'raised' him was definitely evil, and did so for evil reasons. Despite NOW being aligned 'chaotic-good', Morte STILL lives... err, exists in constant torment (all the party members do, that's how they join your party). And the ONLY reason Morte's alignment changed after he was 'raised' is because of the answer to the question of 'what can change the nature of a man'. (yes, I know the answer, no I'm not saying! =P)

Anyway, all that and he isn't even a 'proper' undead. *chuckles*

Meh, so far I've found this discussion to be really interesting and fun! But questions of alignment and philosophy will never be resolved when you have multiple personalities/beliefs/backgrounds interacting.

My Paladin Elf hates warlocks with a passion, both on principle and because of family background. He considers them all to be Evil sell-someone's-soul-for-power-possibly-your-own-if-you-can't-get-someone-else's closet sadists.

Is it possible to have a Fey pact warlock who lucked out and got a pact from a good aligned fey, who strictly examines their contract and uses their power for only good? *shrugs* whether it's possible or not, you'll never convince him of it. =)