Disguises?

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Disguises?

Post by CragOrion » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:23 am

What's the word on these? Do we think we'll ever get NWNX working with them again? Or are they kaput

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

Rags

Re: Disguises?

Post by Rags » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:01 am

They will return with time. Currently, it’s too difficult to update the NWNX Names plugin with each new game version.

I can’t pretend to have much insight on that end of things, but I’ve talked to those that do. Word was the functionality will come to the base game, hopefully.

Unsure if that’s still the case. I’d not expect it back in the immediate future, but hopefully in a reasonable timeframe.

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:37 pm

Rags wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:01 am
They will return with time. Currently, it’s too difficult to update the NWNX Names plugin with each new game version.

I can’t pretend to have much insight on that end of things, but I’ve talked to those that do. Word was the functionality will come to the base game, hopefully.

Unsure if that’s still the case. I’d not expect it back in the immediate future, but hopefully in a reasonable timeframe.
Thanks for the answer :)

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

Peppermint

Post by Peppermint » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:49 am

I've asked the NwNX team about this.

I'm told a fix that involves a permanent* name change would work, and wouldn't be too much hassle to implement (i.e. about 30 minutes). For whatever reason, NwNX development seems to be on the back burner, though.

Fingers crossed, I guess?

(* Permanent in the sense that the game would view it as permanent, but it'd be possible to switch back. In other words, different implementation, same end result player-side.)

Liareth
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Liareth » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:54 pm

Peppermint wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:49 am
For whatever reason, NwNX development seems to be on the back burner, though.
The ebb and flow of time and motivation. The reality of any community-driven open source project!

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:15 pm

The unspeakable things I would do to or for anyone on that team, for disguisomancy to live again....

Done.

JediMindTrix

Post by JediMindTrix » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:27 pm

How about starting a donation gofundme for Liareth and supplying her with the best motivation out there: cash

Peppermint

Post by Peppermint » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:36 pm

Fair. Guess I'm just a bit grumpers about it. Despite many promises to the contrary, NWN:EE has been a direct downgrade in nearly every way.

Hoping you find your motivation soon!

Beneidalus

Post by Beneidalus » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:15 am

I would donate to that gofundme.