Unable to (re)consecrate altars though apparently qualified to

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Hammerwell

Unable to (re)consecrate altars though apparently qualified to

Post by Hammerwell » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:14 pm

My character (Namfoodle Moongazer) is a NG gnomish cleric who has been trying to consecrate two shrines as part of a project relating to gnomish deities. I am stuck at two deities and this post shows why I imagine it might be a bug.

The screenshots here show how the character, in each case, A. has the requisite deity in their deity field, B. is within one alignment step of the deity (for Gaerdal Ironhand; Calladuran might be an exception), and C. has enough piety to perform the ritual.

I suspect TN-NG are too far from each other, yet that's not the error messages I'm getting (see screenshots).

1. The Gaerdal Ironhand shrine is consecrated, hence the +0.2 piety tick. Testing.
2. With enough piety and serving Gaerdal Ironhand (LG to the cleric's NG), the following feedback is shown.
3. The same is true for the Calladuran Smoothhands shrine (yet now TN to the cleric's NG).

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Unable to (re)consecrate altars though apparently qualified to

Post by Queen Titania » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:25 pm

You can't re-consecrate an altar that has been set to another deity, regardless of whether it has been desecrated. You will have to make a new one and consecrate that one to whatever deity is intended. It's not a bug but an intended feature. Were you reporting this as a bug, or requesting a change?
Please don't feed my sister.

Hammerwell

Re: Unable to (re)consecrate altars though apparently qualified to

Post by Hammerwell » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:18 pm

I had suspected a bug, but I now understand that it isn't. It seems like the Gaerdal altar was then consecrated wrongly initially. I also understand that the desecrated one's need for replacement is a feature. Thanks!