Solution to possess project_image(?)

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Poolbrain
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Solution to possess project_image(?)

Post by Poolbrain » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:57 am

I hear that its impossible to make it work because it could destroy your character if you would possess the image during a server crash for example.

But what if the familiar turned into your clone? Either permanently or after using the command before summoning it?

Either that or make it possible to controll your image and talk through it while possessing your familiar, that would probably be more complicated though. Then you could walk around with it innocently with your familiar.

Side note: I also think the feat's "deliver message possibility" shouldn't be limited to once per day. Perhaps a cooldown would be sufficient just to avoid spammers, or is that even needed? Speedys can be used infinitely, so why not project_image? :)

Dr_Hazard89

Re: Solution to possess project_image(?)

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:07 am

The ability to send a message from anywhere is a very powerful tool, having it on a 1/day cooldown is appropriate. You can inform anyone of anything anywhere. That is hugely powerful and consequential. My own illusionist has used the ability devastate many plans, massive raids, and so on.
Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).

Poolbrain
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Poolbrain » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:22 am

Dr_Hazard89 wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:07 am
The ability to send a message from anywhere is a very powerful tool, having it on a 1/day cooldown is appropriate. You can inform anyone of anything anywhere. That is hugely powerful and consequential. My own illusionist has used the ability devastate many plans, massive raids, and so on.
That's a fair point. *Remembers recieving the blunt edge of such trickery*

JediMindTrix

Post by JediMindTrix » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:14 am

Does using the clone prevent you from sending a message?

Poolbrain
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Poolbrain » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:03 am

JediMindTrix wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:14 am
Does using the clone prevent you from sending a message?
Yes, you can do one or the other once a day.

Being able just to do both could be nice too.

Dr_Hazard89

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:26 am

I think both is fair. The clone is really just a toy, for fun. No harm in letting them play with their toy and still use the more useful perk.
Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).

Ironsoul

Post by Ironsoul » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:16 pm

I gave my cleric illusion focuses just because being able to send messages is that powerful.

Combine with scrying to be able to spy on them and then send a ghostly message telling them to stop screwing around in the tavern and meet you at X location is really fun and worth the epic feats in my opinion.