Quarter-Count-Down to Availability

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

The Kriv
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Quarter-Count-Down to Availability

Post by The Kriv » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:35 pm

If you align your quarter with a FACTION, those who have key-less access should be able to know the timer for when that quarter will become available, like the timer on when a FACTION LEADER needs to refresh a faction.

Real Life happens, and 7 days can happen a lot quicker than you think when suddenly you are dealing with what life throws at you. Maybe it is studying for college/graduate finals, or cross-country/international move/trip that you have to prep/pack and actually travel.

Getting a little help from your friends to give you the heads up that your quarter is about to expire, or in a worst-case scenario, when a Faction is using a quarter as their HEADQUARTERS, members of that faction should have the opportunity to take that residence over in the unexpected chance life gets in the way of re-logging just to refresh your quarter so your IG Friends can continue the RP of the Faction without someone snagging the quarter away from your group.

Not saying we need to extend any deadlines or anything, but if you know you are going to be away... or, if your faction-leaders suddenly disappears, knowing how long that quarter that you are using as your HQ has left before it comes open would really help those Co-Faction leaders keep things from getting turned on their head.

For example, in my own experience, losing the quarter my faction was using for its HQ indirectly led to RL years worth of historical message boards being lost forever. *sad face* (something I have to eat as I was at fault, but if my compadres were able to know 'when' the quarter was going to be available via a countdown refresh clock or something, someone else 'in our faction' could have snatched up the quarter and saved the day.

or, alternatively, maybe there is a FACTION option that lists the count-down clock of all stores/quarters that are associated with IT, which you can activate and see... so your faction-mates can help those who need it when they need it most!
-Unit of beauty required to launch one ship = 1 milihelen

Ebonstar

Re: Quarter-Count-Down to Availability

Post by Ebonstar » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:46 pm

I agree with this. it also makes transfers much easier between faction members in case of vacations and such
Yes I can sign

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:18 am

I believe a certain amount of transfer of new faction ownership is healthy. I'm not entirely for, despite this being a QoL features, more ways to ensure buildings are retained amongst a faction, until I see players more actively spreading things around.
Please don't feed my sister.

The Kriv

Post by The Kriv » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:25 am

DM Titania wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:18 am
I believe a certain amount of transfer of new faction ownership is healthy. I'm not entirely for, despite this being a QoL features, more ways to ensure buildings are retained amongst a faction, until I see players more actively spreading things around.
Not quite sure what you mean here, T.

Maybe then a revision that when a quarter comes open because it times out... that a 48-hour freeze on the locks goes into effect before the new tenant can "MOVE IN" so at least it gives the real-life players time to collect their stuff. Maybe when opening the door a message is sent to the openner that states "This quarter is under new ownership" - at least there would be a small window.

I mean... c'mon, we're lookin' for a little heart here. Not to compare it to reality, but even Public Storage gives you a short grace period to before they auction your stuff away in your storage unit off IRL... ;)
-Unit of beauty required to launch one ship = 1 milihelen

JediMindTrix

Post by JediMindTrix » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:23 pm

i'd be for this if everyone could see the timers. otherwise it just reads like 'please make faction-hogging quarters easier'

Alox

Post by Alox » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:53 am

Maybe make the number of faction accounts using the faction house (in the last week) the number of timeout days between refresh.

Large factions => long refresh timers. Small faction => small refresh timers.

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:14 pm

JediMindTrix wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:23 pm
i'd be for this if everyone could see the timers. otherwise it just reads like 'please make faction-hogging quarters easier'
Alox wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:53 am
Maybe make the number of faction accounts using the faction house (in the last week) the number of timeout days between refresh.

Large factions => long refresh timers. Small faction => small refresh timers.
Put these two ideas together and you have something amazing in the works, I think (given the design goal of guild-houses being used inclusively).
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002

dominantdrowess
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by dominantdrowess » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:55 pm

I am naturally a fan, given what occurred with the Boreal Keep, given the bug with it's front "door" initially~