Visible Levels and Writ Level Limitations.

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Void

Visible Levels and Writ Level Limitations.

Post by Void » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:01 am

I'm speaking of:

1. Visible level range on the writs.
2. Level restrictions while doing writ ("one of the party memebrs is too high").

I think both of those features are not suitable for the server and should be axed.

One of the nice things about arelith was that you didn't need to worry what level you are. When I started playing, levels pretty much didn't really exist, and aside from occasional xp-worried individual who kept asking via tells "what level are you?" they didn't matter. You could go anywhere with anyone.

Now, this OOC concept is showed int hte face via writs, and knowing which writs someone is allowed to take could be used to metagame them as well.

The "maximum level" limitation is probably one of the worst changes on the server. It doesn't make sense in the game world at all, and smells like something that would belong to non-rp grind server.

What's worse, it kills rp opportunities. While previously a bored higher level hcaracter could assist a lower level one, it can no longer be done. People are herded based on their level group, and this new mechanic reduces amount of cooperation. Additionally, there were several quests which proved to be exceptionally tough for my characters in the past (malarite temple), and when I finally finished them, I was several levels above expected range.

My guess that with current system I wouldn't be able to ever complete those quests.

In my opinion, both of those changes are exceptionally bad, with "level restriction" being an abomination. They also both work towards destroying what I liked about the server in the first place.

So it would be great if both of them were removed. I liked Arelith when levels were hidden, and you could concentrate on the character and the world and the stories, and stuff like that. Those modifications are working towards making arelith closer to brainless grind server, and this is not what I'd like to see it turn into.

Simply put, I'd like Arelith to remain the server where you didn't have to answer "Which level are you" tell.
Another forum ban, here we go again.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Visible Levels and Writ Level Limitations.

Post by MalKalz » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:03 am

We don’t need more topics on the same topic. There are others in existence.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.