pChests stores

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Fionn

pChests stores

Post by Fionn » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:08 am

The Leaf & Lore in the Skal longhouse has 5 ingots of silver for 100 Million GP. Gold too. This is the worst, but far from the only thief proof storage chest I've encountered.

With the increased player base, are we hitting a DB limit on storage items, or can we add additional rooms (or at least lockers)?
~~~~~~
Badger
Wynn
RIP: Paddy

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: pChests stores

Post by Queen Titania » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:38 am

Chest Stores will not win you a better RP Rating any time soon. It may also have consequences.

I don't think this is an issue of too little storage, there could always be more, and i'm sure more is coming in different places in the future. This is an issue of using shops as storage, which is not how they should be used.
Please don't feed my sister.

afreshstart

Post by afreshstart » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:59 am

I think having a tax related to price of items for sale in the shop could help, I belive this can also help make the market more competitive.

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:25 am

afreshstart wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:59 am
I think having a tax related to price of items for sale in the shop could help, I belive this can also help make the market more competitive.
What, a tax when you put the items in? I think that'll just have us end up with a situation where a bunch of 1GP letters are put up for sale, with the names of the items actually for sale via contacting the owner.

Fionn

Post by Fionn » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:43 pm

Nitro wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:25 am
1GP letters are put up for sale, with the names of the items actually for sale via contacting the owner.
That would take us back to Titania's post. It's hard to make a computer system completely proof against bad actors ;)
~~~~~~
Badger
Wynn
RIP: Paddy

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by MissEvelyn » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:41 pm

There will always be those who abuse or misuse the system. Those can be dealt with.
What we don't need is a change that punishes everyone.