Skeletal Slavers Locked Door Underdark

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Ironsoul

Skeletal Slavers Locked Door Underdark

Post by Ironsoul » Sat May 26, 2018 7:15 pm

So with the new changes to the UD there is no longer an easy to reach portal on the other side of the skeletal slaver gate along the coast. This door auto locks behind you once you change maps and if you cannot fight a head you're trapped there until someone can come unlock it for you (ie. not fun)

Can this gate be removed or changed somehow?

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Skeletal Slavers Locked Door Underdark

Post by ActionReplay » Sat May 26, 2018 7:36 pm

Ironsoul wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 7:15 pm
So with the new changes to the UD there is no longer an easy to reach portal on the other side of the skeletal slaver gate along the coast. This door auto locks behind you once you change maps and if you cannot fight a head you're trapped there until someone can come unlock it for you (ie. not fun)

Can this gate be removed or changed somehow?
Can you give me the area name and I'll look into it. Not sure how the new update could affect this as what it did was remove the Stonehold connection and added its own expansion after "Into the Deep" area.

Ironsoul

Post by Ironsoul » Sat May 26, 2018 8:11 pm

It is (Underdark Middle) Coastal Path I believe. Its the one with the big tower populated by ilithid and undead. There are two gates on either side to the tower, the one leading to the big stair is one way only unless you get lucky and have someone open it for you on the way back.

Gods_Kill_People

Post by Gods_Kill_People » Sat May 26, 2018 8:18 pm

Only suggestion I can make for this.....bring a lens?

Astegard
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Astegard » Sat May 26, 2018 11:01 pm

Ironsoul there is a portal in the new trade post, nothing changed vs the portal in the tower

Ironsoul

Post by Ironsoul » Sat May 26, 2018 11:24 pm

I could not locate a portal - I’ll look again next time I pass through that way.

If that’s the intended structure of the area fine by me I just wanted to bring it up that venturing passed the Slaver Tower is a one way trip in the event that it was unintended as it’s a fairly low level area.

My character had amassed a party of about four random players similarly trapped when I was checking out the changes this afternoon. Before one could just reach the stonehold portal a few maps away.

Dr_Hazard89

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Sun May 27, 2018 4:48 am

As far as I can remember, that area has always been that way and hasn't been made that way by the recent updates.

That gate has always closed and locked, and I believe it's supposed to be that way. It blocks easy access for surfacers to the outpost and beyond, from Stonehold, which is why it can only be opened from within. An invader would have to go the long way around.

I don't know how relevant this is now that Stonehold is collapsed, I haven't explored.

edit: also, the leyline is up on a cliff in the same area. It's a destination only.
Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).

Ironsoul

Post by Ironsoul » Sun May 27, 2018 4:51 am

I was referring to the now defunct Stonehold portal, and not the destination portal in the slaver area - my apologies I should have been more clear. The update has not changed the area at all, it has always been like that. It is simply more punishing now that the Stonehold portal is gone.

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Sun May 27, 2018 5:57 am

There is a 2 way portal in the Upperdark Tradepost, so you can still get out.

It would be nice if there was awya for UDers to open the Slaver's Gate from the outside, though.

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Mon May 28, 2018 6:49 am

Yeah in terms of areas away it should be the same amount as from with the old Stonehold Portal. There is a 2-way portal at the new Trading Post.

Gods_Kill_People

Post by Gods_Kill_People » Mon May 28, 2018 6:55 am

TimeAdept wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 5:57 am

It would be nice if there was awya for UDers to open the Slaver's Gate from the outside, though.

Just a note....the locked gate to the slavers area....CAN BE PICKED....did this about 2 days ago...

Ironsoul

Post by Ironsoul » Mon May 28, 2018 4:29 pm

Sorry for the confusion then - I’m not sure ~how~ I missed the portal at the trade post. I’ll try to check it out tonight if I get time to log on.

Cheers

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Mon May 28, 2018 5:51 pm

Gods_Kill_People wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 6:55 am
TimeAdept wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 5:57 am

Just a note....the locked gate to the slavers area....CAN BE PICKED....did this about 2 days ago...
Certainly, and I did it tons on Pierce, but it's a high DC, and for what's essentially a main throughfare of the UD, especially now with a tradepost being there, and presumably traffic going both ways with caravans from there to the Outpost (because I doubt they're using the Meld)... it's weird that any UDer going to there has no way to get back without using the portal. I understand why it locks, just like the Outpost, but UDers should at least have a way to open it and get in so they don't need to make 3 area detours every time they want to go to the Deep Giant Glen or the Crystal Caves.

Gods_Kill_People

Post by Gods_Kill_People » Mon May 28, 2018 5:56 pm

Sure I could see the value in that, UDers only though, slave collars and such not working to open the gate at all. Just wanted to point out that there actually was a way through.

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Tue May 29, 2018 2:59 pm

It could do with a UD race only entry for sure.

Freyason

Post by Freyason » Wed May 30, 2018 2:39 am

There's also way around it. It's dangerous if you're 6-7 or under, but I've done it by running few times i got trapped on the other side.