spawns next to server transitions

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

thingsicantdo

spawns next to server transitions

Post by thingsicantdo » Sun May 20, 2018 2:56 pm

can they all just go away?

most areas are fine, actually, but i can never follow the road from cordor into the swamps because i get attacked by 3+ doom stirges and a bunch of leapers. as a caster, you can't even prepare for it because of the server transition.

the problem is really a limitation of the engine, but could we move those spawn points back a little bit so that you dont' get aggro'd the second you log into that side of the server?

Baron Saturday

Re: spawns next to server transitions

Post by Baron Saturday » Sun May 20, 2018 3:43 pm

This is actually the main topic of discussion in the Underdark Ruins - Transitions thread. To sum up the Dev response...
ActionReplay wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 7:06 pm
Yeah the spawn system just spawns anywhere with walkable tiles and does not support regions we can exclude from the area to have spawns. I think it was looked at before not sure if much came out of it.
ActionReplay wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 6:43 am
I understand this can be annoying. The spawn system is VERY old and not much has changed on it. This is however something I can bring up with the other devs and perhaps Mitheras (Who probably knows this particular code the best) can have a look at it.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

thingsicantdo

Post by thingsicantdo » Sun May 20, 2018 3:51 pm

well, bawls.

maybe i should put in a suggestion for a return of that road between cordor and the swamps, then. or some kind of buffer area for someone to prepare

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Sun May 20, 2018 7:22 pm

Small buffer areas between server transitions (like the stonehold portal rooms) sounds like a pretty elegant solution otherwise. Peaceful areas where those transitioning servers have a chance to get their stuff in order without getting ganked.