Fey Warlock's lvl 17 Shadow Summons

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Gazfrost

Fey Warlock's lvl 17 Shadow Summons

Post by Gazfrost » Wed May 09, 2018 8:01 pm

I finally got the Fey Warlock shadow summons and found that it was so bad its a joke, for a lvl 17 summons its so under powered, the summons AC is only 17, HP 85, AB +17/+12/+7/+2.. Damage is 1-6 and the summons last in rounds instead of turns .... they would be great if all the foes I go up against are rats or boars... But i am going against Ice trolls, barbarians, Giants etc.
Please power the spell up or change it to something that's worth lvl 17 spell.

DO you need Greater Illusion focus for the spell to be any good?

TimeAdept

Re: Fey Warlock's lvl 17 Shadow Summons

Post by TimeAdept » Wed May 09, 2018 8:13 pm

It won't scale with illusion. It's completely bugged, and even at level 27 still only has 20 AC ans 130 HP. It's an RP toy and functionally does nothing besides having Crippling Strike, I guess, but it won't survive long enoguh at all to do it.

It also immediately turns on you and tries to kill you Panther style if it gets hit by a mindfog even though the mindfog doesn't actually affect it, which makes using it impractical at best.

Wytchee
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Wytchee » Wed May 09, 2018 10:44 pm

It would be nice if fey warlocks had a functioning, useful summon. Nothing comparable to the fiendlock's, of course, but something to give them some breathing room. Rushing to the hotbar every 3 seconds or otherwise sprinting around the area to get some distance between you and your target gets pretty tiring. I love the class thematically but mechanically it's very exhausting to play.
Current character: Abigail Duskwood

Sab1

Post by Sab1 » Wed May 09, 2018 11:11 pm

I thought the point of a feylock was it didn't need a summon. There is always the find a melee type and hide behind them. For me I just don't think tweaking classes so they can solo most things should be a thing. it just keeps adding to the never ending tweaking.

Wytchee
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Wytchee » Wed May 09, 2018 11:22 pm

Eh. I don't want them to be able to solo everything.

The shadow as a distraction would be nice, though. I'm just finding the class kind of exhausting to play, but then again I'm used to playing druids and just siccing my elementals on things.

Gazfrost

Post by Gazfrost » Thu May 10, 2018 4:24 am

I would be fine if my Fey Warlock didn't have the Summon Shadow, you cant even use it in RP as it doesn't last long enough to RP with, then there is a cooldown time before you can cast Shadow Summons again.
I would be happy with a spell that is worth having at lvl 17 warlock. Such as the bard spell Healing circle 1d8 +1 per lvl, at least that be handy if I was in a party and was able to spam that spell, that would be a decent spell to replace shadow summons and sort of works with being a Fey Warlock.

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Thu May 10, 2018 4:54 am

Being able to spam healing circle infinity would be absolutely bonkers overpowered, it's effectively giving an AoE of 25+ regen.

The shadows are fine, IMO, they just need fixing whenevr the Devs get a chance to fix it.

Wytchee
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Wytchee » Thu May 10, 2018 5:02 am

I imagine it would be put on a cooldown, but yes.

Peppermint

Post by Peppermint » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:09 am

It's just bugged, yeah. The dev that added the spell didn't realize that it wouldn't scale for Feylocks and never fixed it after the fact.

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:53 am

Peppermint wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:09 am
It's just bugged, yeah. The dev that added the spell didn't realize that it wouldn't scale for Feylocks and never fixed it after the fact.
Could you fix it though? Pretty please?

Peppermint

Post by Peppermint » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:30 pm

I'm not a contributor at the moment. So sadly, nope.

Morderon
Technical Lead
Technical Lead

Post by Morderon » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:58 pm

The warlock variant summon shadow is working as the spell is, this includes illusion foci, level scaling, and concealment scaling. Except for:

AB Bonus from casting stat wasn't applying correctly (warlock version only)
They were missing knockdown so couldn't make use of improved knockdown (both warlock version and mage spell version).