New Shipyard update

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

nobs3
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

New Shipyard update

Post by nobs3 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:24 pm

Thank you Irongron and all involved for this quick and creative reaction to the need of housing and shops!

I have some questions and smaller suggestions regarding this update:

Why is all housing placed on the surface server? While I understand the idea of more interaction with the surface, it also separates characters from the rest on the UD server (e.g. regarding player list, runners, portal …) Also IF the Cordor/UD server would be separated again it would not contribute to the numbers of players on the UD server.

So I would suggest to “build a bridge” between the Shipyard and the Shiphouse (and the two servers) by placing some of the houses (and shops) on the UD side and thus expanding and integrating the place around the shiphouse too. That place could also be independent from Andunor.

(If there are changes made at the map of the Shiphouse: it would be great if the quarter sign for the upper quarters inside could be moved to the “private quarter” upstairs. This way (crew/faction members) can use the nice upper places too (meetinghall, shrine, and kitchen) without the need to make the private cambers public too.)

The addition of a second UD ship for rent would be very great. (ATM the Dreadnought is organized as a faction which all interested can join to expand the number of players that can use the ship. But this way is limited.) ATM there is some rp about a ship crew to hire (Dreadnought faction). This is one use case where the function to send a runner to all faction members that are on ATM would be very useful (see suggestion: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15602). E.g. send a call to hire a crew.

Last but not least: One merchant might sell shovels :)

PPS reminder: Fishing spots on ships :) (for long travels and more) (viewtopic.php?f=15&t=17129)