Malar Temple - Boss Room and The Beastlord

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

susitsu

Malar Temple - Boss Room and The Beastlord

Post by susitsu » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:59 am

Maybe less numerous spawns, and no horrid wilting. Tactically, it's really hard to do anything about when you don't already know he casts it and he nukes your back-line and front-line simultaneously from afar. I suppose now that a party was wiped, I'm aware.

Overall the dungeon is perfectly manageable, but this guy is a little out of control. The rest of his kit after he finally stops spamming horrid wilting is then still very painful and even with two front-liners, you're struggling to survive his spell spam, elder elemental, and other mobs that might be coming at you in unexpectedly massive numbers, especially with how luring works as is with intelligent NPCs.

That room and how many different groups of spawns can be in it results in some rather unreasonable odds most of the time.

As well, he chases through transitions. There is no escape.

RedGiant

Re: Malar Temple - Boss Room and The Beastlord

Post by RedGiant » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:38 am

While we've not yet heard from the staff, I think MoB spamming is a curious new EE behavior that merits some attention.

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=17877

The Malarite Temple now exhibits several types, with horrid wilting perhaps being the most, well, horrid.
The GrumpyCat wrote:I CLICK THE HOSTIBLE BUTTON NOW U ARE DED!
Irongron wrote:The slaughter, i am afraid, will not abate.

Shadowy Reality
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Shadowy Reality » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:23 am

While we are at it, perhaps change the boss to something a bit more thematically fitting.

Void

Post by Void » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:11 pm

I think the boss and the temple isn't BAD, but it definitely is placed on a wrong power level tier.

Judging by the quest placement, it is supposed to be something in 14 level range, but in practice it might require level 20 party. The main issue for me was always those damn priests spamming storm of vengeance.

Then again, it is possible it was bad match for a character I played that time.
Another forum ban, here we go again.

Hunter548

Post by Hunter548 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:31 pm

NegInfinity wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:11 pm
I think the boss and the temple isn't BAD, but it definitely is placed on a wrong power level tier.

Judging by the quest placement, it is supposed to be something in 14 level range, but in practice it might require level 20 party. The main issue for me was always those damn priests spamming storm of vengeance.

Then again, it is possible it was bad match for a character I played that time.
You can solve this by smart play -- Either focus the priests immediatly, using KD to keep them from casting, or use clarity potions to avoid the stun and run out of the Storm. I've done it before as low as level 8-12 in a party. The Beasts were always a bigger problem, with their AoE damage that can be a pain to mitigate without UMD/Caster levels.

IIRC the priests also were changed recently.
UilliamNebel wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm
You're right. Participating in the forums was a mistake. Won't do this again.
Anime Sword Fighter wrote: I have seen far too many miniskirt anime slave girls.