Forum Registration Issues

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

R0GUE
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Forum Registration Issues

Post by R0GUE » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:25 am

Hi Everyone,

I am new here, but I love Arelith so far. It is great. I just wanted to mention to you all that it's possible the Forum Registration System is not quite working as you intend it. I tried to register at first in game and that did not work. Then I saw you guys were allowing registration online through the forums finally, so I was excited to give it a try.

I entered my username, password, email, etc. and was told to wait for an Activation email. I waited for several hours, then I went back and asked to have it resend the email. Waited another several hours and nothing. I also dutifully checked my spam folder.

I day or two later, I decided to try again with a different email address, so I created a new account. The same issue, no activation email, at all, not in the spam folder. Nothing happened when I asked to resend the email.

Then finally today, which I want to say is about 4-5 days later, I finally DID get an email, but it was saying, "hey you forgot to activate your account, please try again."

So hooray, I was finally able to register for the forums! But it seems to me like something is blocking the initial activation emails from being sent, and then some days later, you get this reminder email.

Anyway, just thought I would mention it, because it was a somewhat frustrating process. Thank you guys for all your hard work.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Forum Registration Issues

Post by Mithreas » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:17 am

Yes, apologies, we didn't have email set up correctly on the forum. I fixed this yesterday, which is why you suddenly started getting email.

It should work correctly for all new registrations...
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

R0GUE

Re: Forum Registration Issues

Post by R0GUE » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:44 pm

Ok, great that explains it. Thanks for fixing it!