Integrated graphics vs dedicated graphics?

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

lostmarbles

Integrated graphics vs dedicated graphics?

Post by lostmarbles » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:59 pm

Just checking to see if anyone else who is having transition crashes or certain area crashes with EE on arelith are also running the game on a computer with an intel integrated graphics?

I’ve kept an eye on the thread over in the Shanty that lists all the graphics cards that seem to run the game fine. So far no one has listed an intel integrated graphics.

Just seeing if others who have integrated processing are having issues or not. If so please post your results here, crashes or no crashes. Thank you. Just trying to problem solve the crash issue and gather more info to report to beamdog forum. Thank you
Baron Saturday wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:37 pm
Also I will make sweet love to anyone who plays a parrot totem druid-pirate that's just constantly in parrot form.

Miskol
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: Integrated graphics vs dedicated graphics?

Post by Miskol » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:57 pm

I had really bad crashing issues on loading into Cordor using integrated.

Anatida
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Anatida » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:37 pm

I have intel integrated (also really old). It ran reg NWN fine, but on EE i do good to get 13 fps in a small. Unpopulated area.

I've only crashed on transition twice, but i haven't been on my Cordor PC.

Yeah it's terrible. I used the excuse to buy a new laptop.

My pronouns are: She/Her/That *itch

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:51 pm

Intel card will cause issues with any (most?) of the tilesets added in 1.69. These include the rural castle exterior tileset that is used in Cordor Outskirt and other places.

One way to avoid some crashing is to avoid going into your character sheet or using the highlight button (tab). It doesn't always work, but it does help a bit.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Brandon Steel

Post by Brandon Steel » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:25 pm

I’ve tested this on multiple laptops using intel and have had horrible crashing problems to the point I can’t even load major cities, it’s certainly linked to that.

Ozzy.nl

Post by Ozzy.nl » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:35 pm

So far my laptop running intell HD 650 has not been showing any problems aside from not being able to enter the Cordor northern outskirts.