Cordor Jailor and Capture Mechanic

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Tathkar Eisgrim

Cordor Jailor and Capture Mechanic

Post by Tathkar Eisgrim » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:27 am

I have just started to explore this game mechanic. I must admit I find it a lot of fun! So much fun, I think it is a low-hanging fruit ripe for team investment and extrapolation.

Some thoughts:

- The game mechanic could expand and be made available (with thematic variation) to additional settlements.
- The Jailor seems an appropriate drop-off for humanoid criminals. However, is their scope to define and specialize? (criminals --> jailors, animals -->menagerie, undead-->priests.)
- It would be great for player co-operation if the effects of rope lasso could be made to *stack* against foes with high strength / large size with ownership going to first / last user.
- Consideration and time expanding which creatures can be caught. Many might be. Dragons and Wyverns might be off the table.
- Great opportunity for new gear. i.e improved versions which are chains rather than lasso.
- Writ System Tie-In: Writs to capture specific creatures.
- Threshold to Capture - Diminishing a foe to the point of capture is quite difficult. Please consider raising this threshold.

*Important Note*

I especially like this mechanic as it allows the roleplay of change / allows the illusion of change to the game setting. Indeed, if expanded upon taking into account the Balance mechanics real change might be possible.

Bozonicus

Re: Cordor Jailor and Capture Mechanic

Post by Bozonicus » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:29 pm

The system is fun. It'd be cool to have something to store prisoners in especially on boats. Like a functional cage or a "prisoner pole". :)

There could still be a limit of one capture per player, but you'd lasso the cage to leave them somewhere else. This would stop hoarding a bunch of captures and make boat adventures with parties easier. I think there was once an issue where prisoners blocked spawns from boarding, so imprisoning them below deck would be nice.

Sab1

Post by Sab1 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:25 am

My character just assumes anything not human goes to the arena.

There UD and Sib also have drop off, cordor was changed to give it more of a justice feel where the others is pretty much you giving the things into slavery. I think the issue with the other settlements would be what would they do with these things you're turning in? Also the settlement should have a neutral/evil leaning for this. Places like myon and Bendir would probably want you to simply kill the things instead of bringing it to them to deal with. Not to mention some of the things you're bringing in they might not agree with you capturing. So it works best for places with a we don't really care attitude.

Dr_Hazard89

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:47 am

There are special cells for each type of creature. For example, a naughty jaguar from the jungle who is a wanted criminal will go to cat jail.
Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).