NWN: EE

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: NWN: EE

Post by Irongron » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:33 am

Please report send any crash dumps added to your NWN folder to Beamdog's redmine page. Obviously I would love to see this fixed soon, but for that to happen they'll need to know about it.

https://support.baldursgate.com/issues

You can also try PMing Dunshine to move your character to another area so you can get back to playing them. I can't promise how long that will take.

Invader_Nym

Post by Invader_Nym » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:10 am

Game crashes 1 in every 10 transitions, and when it does I can't get back into the game until the server resets. I don't have time to collect and submit bug reports right now. I'll step back from the game for a little while until Beamdog makes good on its promise to deliver an "enhanced" edition of the game.

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:24 pm

How is someone supposed to know how to correct an error if you don't tell them what it is? I don't think the above is a good philosophy at all. This is like not submitting a DM report when a rule break happens.

It takes mere minutes to submit a bug report, maybe even a minute depending on your PC. I highly encourage you to submit the reports, you will not only be helping yourself, but perhaps others, do exactly what you want the company to do.
Please don't feed my sister.

Invader_Nym

Post by Invader_Nym » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:00 am

It's exam time. I'll submit them afterwords if I decide to resume playing. I can't help feeling that not only have I been roped into buying a superfluous game, but also unwittingly roped into the chore of bug-testing it. This release was billed as the solution to our compatibility woes and it has literally made Arelith unplayable for me.

HurinWillSmite

Post by HurinWillSmite » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:00 am

I can understand Invader_Nym's disappointment with the released EE game. Maybe this is Beamdog's platform: (1) producing updates and patches long after release (2) the downside is the game bugtesting is lacking on their own front and they've relied on betatesters bugreporting.

I've reported my own intel bugs to them. But Beamdog also wants me to vote on their trello and be part of their active community? No thank you.
At this point I can only hope the graphic cards patches won't be pushed to the back of the queue in favor of more blurry filters.

If only there was a way to teleport my character when I wasn't online. I could just remain in those few areas where I don't load crash.

Teshil

Post by Teshil » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:41 am

The Intel crashes ARE the #1 outstanding issue on their website: http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/03/neverwi ... on_23.html

They'll get a fix soon.

HurinWillSmite

Post by HurinWillSmite » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:39 am

Oh yeah I almost forgot about that. Trent and Phil mentioned updates for servers would come less frequently after the launch because of bugs. So maybe a week or two from now the first line of intel fixes could come.
I'm just being pessimistic that's it is something easy to fix and that if it gets fixed not all intel cards will work.

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:20 pm

Invader_Nym wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:10 am
Game crashes 1 in every 10 transitions, and when it does I can't get back into the game until the server resets. I don't have time to collect and submit bug reports right now. I'll step back from the game for a little while until Beamdog makes good on its promise to deliver an "enhanced" edition of the game.
bug craahes are already gathered for you and it takes as long to post them to the beamdog site as it did for you to post your post here.
Yes I can sign

Ozzy.nl

Post by Ozzy.nl » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:40 pm

My advice is to post the. I have been posting each one I got even if it is from the same issue.

Then again I am lucky to still be able to play the game with my Mac.