Bank Storage Space

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Teshil

Re: Bank Storage Space

Post by Teshil » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:07 pm

Maybe just bank storage for crafting resources, things that wouldn't need stored as an actual item. Or that kind of storage available somewhere else.

ReverentBlade

Post by ReverentBlade » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:28 am

Storage is a pretty major issue for low level characters. I try to hold onto items I know I'll need for tailoring that I come across, all the cotton/fabric/leather/gems/metal, but given that I won't be able to -use- them until higher levels, they serve as literal dead weight in my pack. Seems kind of a shame to have to throw them out only to have to re-farm them later when I can make use of them.

It's not even like I hold onto -everything-, I've actually written down ingredients worth keeping in my IG journal, so I don't think it counts as "hoarding".

I don't think I've -ever- seen an unoccupied house/quarter, so It's a bit of a concern.

Cataclysm of Iron

Post by Cataclysm of Iron » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:18 am

ReverentBlade wrote: I don't think I've -ever- seen an unoccupied house/quarter, so It's a bit of a concern.
Tangential point (because your general post stands regardless and in any case the gp cost of quarter ownership is a barrier to very low-level characters) but make sure you're not just looking at the big houses in Cordor and the vicinity, because those are prime real estate due to a combination of location, the amenities inside, and size and luxury of the areas for the owners to customise.

If you poke around smaller rooms (Social Club, Cordor Commons, the Nomad) or places a little more off the beaten track (i.e. not in Cordor, or not in any major settlement at all), you'll tend to have more joy. Alternatively, if you join a faction which has a big guildhouse, the restrictive nature of membership means you've got a good shout of having somewhere available in the guildhouse.

I do agree though; I struggle rolling new characters outside of certain archetypes because it's so important to have high STR (for carry weight) and INT (for skill points) for basic non-infuriating QoL.
Last edited by Cataclysm of Iron on Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xerah wrote: People have a very weird possessive nature over a lot of things in Arelith.

Visible Obscurity

Post by Visible Obscurity » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:15 pm

I had a thought to this the other day so just throwing it out there as the thread was revived. Instead of a bank vault, because honestly I don't think you should be able to access storage in each and every town, how about some way of increasing the chest storage in residences when people share the room?
We all know that there are not enough rooms about the server for everyone and we also know that many, esp factions, end up sharing space. Two, three, four people all trying to use one or two chests can get frustrating. If there was a way to tag an additional 'owner' onto the resident sign or even a separate sign by the chest that had to be touched every seven days just like with the owner, and that increased the storage even if by an additional ten slots that would make things much easier and perhaps open other homes up. Making the room cost more could be a thing as it is a benefit gained but now you have a roommate to split the rent with.