Abyssal Citadel is old, needs love.

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Red Ropes

Abyssal Citadel is old, needs love.

Post by Red Ropes » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:33 am

Being the current owner and tenant of this place I feel I need to bring up a few things about it:

The main living area is shared by everyone. This means it only has 60 fixtures worth of space.

There are 7 quarters, 6 dorm clones that are rectangular and a giant square 'big boy room'.

This guildhall is ancient, I know there are a bunch of rumors that its being worked on- but I'd like to see some small quality of life things if possible.

An open faction storage. One, or better, two areas for dedicated storage in the Citadel would be nice for both its internal community / as well as to cut down on fixture space. We are currently the remaining quarters (which I'd rather fill with players) as generic storage.

An NPC who sells food / water / potentially is a banker. This would put the guildhall in line with many other guildhalls on the server.

The Warlock inside put somewhere else in the module. He wanders around (annoying) and he is the guy who need to talk to get pacted with Abyssal stuff. (Though his conversation is actually just the clone of the guy in Dis and he invokes Dispater!) He should be put either outside in the Abyss or somewhere else on the server so people who do not have access to the Citadel can visit him.

I'd like to see an NPC merchant put in the library replace him with an inventory similar in a lot of guildshalls, manors that sells paper, books of language, and maybe a few scrolls or something.

---

Those would be wonderful and would help out the current denizens of the 363rd and tide them over for something crazy and major later. Thank you, that is all.
🤡

Tarkus the dog

Re: Abyssal Citadel is old, needs love.

Post by Tarkus the dog » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:35 pm

*rubs hands greedily*

my plan is coming along very well

ForgottenBhaal

Post by ForgottenBhaal » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:37 pm

(buff cloven hoof pls)

But in all honesty, it does need an update. Been there for quite some time.

Red Ropes

Post by Red Ropes » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:53 pm

Tarkus the dog wrote:*rubs hands greedily*

my plan is coming along very well

LOL
🤡

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:59 pm

Just going to drop this in here so that you are aware of a post by Irongron before:
Shadovar Trade Post 95% complete.
Order of Radiant Heart 80% complete
Arcane Tower 60% complete (tower itself is 90% done, but I wish to make a good deal more of spellhold)
Castle Gloom 90% complete (I don't want to add this until Darrowdeep is also finished)
Darrowdeep 10% complete (I've really been working the areas around it)
HAK server 40% complete (area work all but done, but given the size of this project it will require a good deal longer, and the entire staff working upon it)
Cordor Change resulting from Wharftown Conflict 50% complete
Grey Wastes 40% complete
Abyssal Citadel 70% complete
Whatever Artos may secretly be doing in his basement ?% Complete
So, it is under its way. Just hold tight, my chaotic friend! :twisted:

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Imperatrix

Post by Imperatrix » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:26 pm

It'd also be super cool if the outside area in the Abyss had ramparts you could get up on from inside. Despite being a fortress it's not actually very defensible.

I look forward to whatever is being cooked up though.

BrutalForce48

Post by BrutalForce48 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:40 am

As an aside any plans to update the Sorcere in Andunor?
Current- Kusisqa Kinraysapa, Bolgar Steelshadow
Former- Sol'vyr, Garmr Stonesoul, Kilinus

Dr. B

Post by Dr. B » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:17 am

While we're on the topic of fiendish guildhouses, those Freth in the Tower of Minauros can't really do the things with it that PCs could...

JediMindTrix

Post by JediMindTrix » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:38 am

Dr. B wrote:While we're on the topic of fiendish guildhouses, those Freth in the Tower of Minauros can't really do the things with it that PCs could...
Definitely a missed opportunity for a guildhouse location.

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:45 pm

BrutalForce48 wrote:As an aside any plans to update the Sorcere in Andunor?
This is a project on hold atm but I have plans of removing the Sorcere and instead add an UD version of the Arcane Tower found in the Wheel of Andunor. A place for all UD spellcasters to join with a cool ranking system.

But I have the Upperdark expansion coming out first which is still a while yet.

BrutalForce48

Post by BrutalForce48 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:25 am

ActionReplay wrote:
BrutalForce48 wrote:As an aside any plans to update the Sorcere in Andunor?
This is a project on hold atm but I have plans of removing the Sorcere and instead add an UD version of the Arcane Tower found in the Wheel of Andunor. A place for all UD spellcasters to join with a cool ranking system.

But I have the Upperdark expansion coming out first which is still a while yet.
Awesome thanks mate! Already set some things in motion ig then to help unknowingly! PM me if there's anything I can do to help.
Current- Kusisqa Kinraysapa, Bolgar Steelshadow
Former- Sol'vyr, Garmr Stonesoul, Kilinus

Nekonecro

Post by Nekonecro » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:23 pm

Even though there's a rework on the way would it be possible still to stick in some temporary stuff along the times of what's being asked for?

Septire

Post by Septire » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:12 am

Hi.

Just wanted to chime in. Been away a few months now but this post caught my eye since it was something I was working on many months ago.

I'll try to address each point as I go.
Red Ropes wrote:only has 60 fixtures worth of space.
The new area I was working on has a lot more detail so it doesn't feel quite so empty. I don't think you'll need to dress it quite as much. Might be possible to integrate existing placeables (bookshelves containing material for example) into the new area. The big daddy quarter was being moved to the basement, so there'd be a little more fixture space at least.
Red Ropes wrote: bunch of rumors that its being worked on
Good news is that the rumors are based on truth, in this case. Bad news is that I was the dude working on it and am not helping with development. Good news is I gave everything to Irongron when I left! Bad news is that was 8 months ago and it was pretty much done at the time, maybe 1-2 days left of work left in it. Maybe someday.
Red Ropes wrote: An open faction storage
I can't remember but I don't think I had added open faction storage, but it's not hard to add. I agree that this is a good idea especially when it comes to crafting resources and general storage of ores and things. Maybe there's an opportunity to use the settlement resource system in a similar way but I don't know how involved it would be to re-use that code.
Red Ropes wrote: An NPC who sells food / water / potentially is a banker
I had planned to do you one better, but tying blackguard/warlock progression in any way to shops/buyable items was deemed bad design at the time so no additional work was done on making demonic agreements with big bads, or the shop items that might exist there (think Lesser Moonblade, but for evil dudes, and unique power stuff). Banker was to be added to the Shadovar Trade Post, which is one hop away from the Abyss, adding one here as well is a bit redundant. Shadovar Trade Post could use the traffic, and it better fits the theme of an otherworldly market for baddies and plane-walkers.
Red Ropes wrote: He should be put either outside in the Abyss or somewhere else on the server so people who do not have access to the Citadel can visit him.
Yep. There were some ideas about making the Citadel a little more public, similar to the Arcane Tower, but we never could decide on how players should fight over the place (violence is a core concept of the Lower Planes) while still allowing thematic RP for those who don't control it, while conferring some sort of a bonus for those who do. This pushed the project back into an indefinite review stage and production halted.
Red Ropes wrote: I'd like to see an NPC merchant put in the library replace him with an inventory similar in a lot of guildshalls, manors that sells paper, books of language, and maybe a few scrolls or something.
The burnout that ensued from the buyable items debate left shops largely untouched. Other design issues halted the update in favor of others. But it is not hard to add items to a shop, and it makes sense that such items would be sold there.
Red Ropes wrote: for something crazy and major later.
The update planned at the time was substantial. Larger than the Arcane Tower change, but less than the Wharftown change (in that it no longer exists).

Hope this helps.