Discussion: Bannishments shown in Description?

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Discussion: Bannishments shown in Description?

Post by CragOrion » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:59 pm

I don't think there's really a point for this, at least in surface settlements. When someone is an outcast, as staff said, its typically because they are the worst of the worst of the worst. With someone like that, you would typically have your own reasons to ostracize or shun them. You don't need an NPC to give you an excuse. Mechanically, the only affect being an outcast should have should be disabling you from getting citizenship or buying property.

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

One Two Three Five

Post by One Two Three Five » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:00 pm

Why are there, essentially, two threads about this?
The devil does not need any more advocates
Clerics are just socially acceptable warlocks.

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:19 pm

Well i mean...both are different,so much so that i am actually with the people who are agaisnt this one
;)
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde

One Two Three Five

Post by One Two Three Five » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:27 pm

They're both bad, easymode good-guying, basically metagaming suggestions that serve no purpose other than outing/ruining specific breeds of characters for the ease of everyone else, and to 'fix' a purely hypothetical set of situations that are best left to the DM team anyway.
The devil does not need any more advocates
Clerics are just socially acceptable warlocks.

azrael_athing

Post by azrael_athing » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:46 pm

One Two Three Five wrote:Why are there, essentially, two threads about this?
The reason there are two threads about this now is that the community seams to be inadapt in their abilities to adress the topic at hand, and rather speak about the Outcasts.

Let us try to keep the current topic, i.e "Should Bannishments be shown in descriptions?" and when we have discussed what need to be discussed about it, abbandon thread.
Black Wendigo wrote:
Also I definitely do not think that this should repace mechanical exiles. THe mechanical exiles were put in because players could not be trusted to rp thier exiles and basically just abused and ignored RP. (I know this because I was there when they put it in and am aware of what went on at the time when we did not have mechanical exiles). Mechanical exiles are not perfect and can be frustrating, but I'd rather improve them that replace them at this time.
As stated above, the Mechanical bannishments serve a purpouse, mostly so that individuals that refuse to roleplay their bannishments. But also in cases of greifers. The mechanical bannishments should be used with great care however, as they are not always needed, and do not in many ways promote further RP.

The suggestion I made in the OP, was in no way ment to remove the mechanical exile.

ps. I'm personally also very glad the mechanical bannishments are now limited to a certain number based on your settlements population, for having bannishmentlists longer then citizenlists were once a thing and it was redicullous.