Weapons - level required

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

flower

Weapons - level required

Post by flower » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:08 am

Right now we got too many low end weapons.

Iron, masterly iron, steel, masterly steel. There is like 3 levels difference between each. The problém is, it takes time to craft, collecting materials. Getting level is often easier and faster, then to seek a smith, or even try to forge it.

Why to bother with getting masterly iron, when you can wait for steel weapon?

I think the iron, masterly iron weapons should be removed (left as loot only on NPCs) and steel availeble from 3rd level. What others do think?

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: Weapons - level required

Post by DarkDreamer » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:17 am

Strictly speaking, I have used Masterly Iron as someone that couldnt get a blacksmith and couldnt afford better. Iron has its place.

flower

Post by flower » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:22 am

DarkDreamer wrote:Strictly speaking, I have used Masterly Iron as someone that couldnt get a blacksmith and couldnt afford better. Iron has its place.
I used my basic weapon which you get on creation till i got steel. MY point is, the starting weapon can be replaced with steel, if it got lowered to third level.

Edit: I obtained steel by total random and full luck, otherwise i would not bother and enchant weapon from Merchant with keen and use it until masterly steel or greensteel.

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:21 am

I am with DD here,the only reason to stay with your starting weapon(until you are able to get steel,since it's really worth it to have steel than waiting for the level of greensteel or masterly steel) is if you have weapon focus on first level if not iron and masterly iron really have their use and arent as expensive so they have their place.
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde

PinataPlethora

Post by PinataPlethora » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:10 pm

flower wrote:Why to bother with getting masterly iron, when you can wait for steel weapon?
Some builds don't hit 30 in the first month of play. Those intermediate weapons are there for the poor unfortunate souls who are stuck muddling through low levels for weeks, and genuinely need that extra point of damage.

flower

Post by flower » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:50 pm

PinataPlethora wrote:
flower wrote:Why to bother with getting masterly iron, when you can wait for steel weapon?
Some builds don't hit 30 in the first month of play. Those intermediate weapons are there for the poor unfortunate souls who are stuck muddling through low levels for weeks, and genuinely need that extra point of damage.

Iron is not weapon for 30rd lvl :D

re read what i propose. Remove iron and make steel availeble from 3rd level instead.

Edit: there are 4 diffeent low end weapons till 10th level which is pointless, especially with very small level gaps.

Sab1

Post by Sab1 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:53 pm

I always went Iron. steel, and then greensteel. Masterly Iron was never easy to find or worth doing. or depending who you travel with bronze and then greensteel.

Cortex

Post by Cortex » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:56 pm

Masterly steel has the niche use of lesser runes.

nevermind that they dont work on masterly steel
:)

PinataPlethora

Post by PinataPlethora » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:32 am

Cortex wrote:Masterly steel has the niche use of lesser runes.

They don't work on anything but bare bronze. The entire purpose of their existence is to waste time and resources, and cause headaches.

flower

Post by flower » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:20 pm

PinataPlethora wrote:
Cortex wrote:Masterly steel has the niche use of lesser runes.

They don't work on anything but bare bronze. The entire purpose of their existence is to waste time and resources, and cause headaches.

They maybe had originaly a purpose, but then Devs found out you could use meidum rune onto masterly damaskus and toyed with runes till the moment, when lesser runes are waste.... :roll: :D

Beneidalus

Post by Beneidalus » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:20 pm

I'm going to agree. It's easier to just enchant something with +1, than craft something made of iron.

Level up with that, until steel or damask.

Couldn't be arsed to mess with iron forging.