Potion of Invisibility

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Blood on my Lips

Potion of Invisibility

Post by Blood on my Lips » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:56 pm

The recipe for a Potion of Invisibility was changed at some point in the past few months and I don't think that the new changes make a lot of sense.

The recipe is as follows:
1 glass
1 glass bottle
1 Blood of a Magic Creature
1 Mojo

The DC for the potion is 8.
It requires 1 crafting point.
The value is 120 gold.
The yield is 1 potion.

The recipe for the Mojo is as follows:
10 glass vials
5 aventurine gem dusts
10 fuit
2 phenalope

The DC is 22.
It requires 24 crafting points.
This recipe yields 10 potions at a value of 3, 000 gold, so 300 gold per potion.

The new recipe requires you to use a potion valued at 300 gold as just one of several components of the Potion of Invisibility to create an item with a value of only 120 gold. Not to mention the difficulty of creating the Mojo potion is significantly higher than the difficulty of the Potion of Invisibility.

The old recipe for the Potion of Invisibility was much more in line with the difficulty level of producing the potion and its value.

Lorkas

Re: Potion of Invisibility

Post by Lorkas » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:49 am

The recipe for potion of invisibility has been what you listed above since the Arelith Wiki page for it was created in 2009. I'm not sure what makes you think it changed!

Blood on my Lips

Post by Blood on my Lips » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:40 pm

Unless I'm confusing it with another potion, it used to take spider silk. I don't recall every having to use Mojo to make an invisibility potion.

Let's say I'm confused, and you're right. The recipe should be adjusted since the difficulty of making the Mojo potion has increased immensely and the value of the Mojo is far greater than the value of the Invisibility Potion.
Last edited by Blood on my Lips on Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

flower

Post by flower » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:31 pm

Is this that weak CL 3 invis potion or that 10 CL one?

Hm or only haste is CL10?

If it is that invis potion what lasts 18 seconds and needs mojo... :lol: :lol: :lol: