Good aligned monster races.

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

BegoneThoth

Re: Good aligned monster races.

Post by BegoneThoth » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:33 pm

Sounds like a good plan.
\

Fallout

Post by Fallout » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:58 pm

There were several good drows over last six months and from rp witness to me seemed like they have great time with it as well others with them what put many alliances on test and thats also awesome RP...I am sure there are more as there are secret driw heretics, some good drows even been councilors so i believe there is much room for great RP, what happen to your toon was open conflict that result with lots of issues what can happen even to non monster races and result the same. I recall player who played broom-drow Filtel, it was great story arc, well played for almost a irl year doing "good stuff" in underdark. Maybe some guidance in general refference thread would be welcomed by those players to help with doubs for such players.

Personally i wish to se Don Quiote themed Goblin, with can on his head and shortsword tied to broom with riding skills helping life as it is of other monsters in Andunor.

Thanatosis

Post by Thanatosis » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:13 pm

Fallout wrote:Personally i wish to se Don Quiote themed Goblin...
*camera cut to me fiercely grinding Normal rewards*
BegoneThoth wrote:Hardcore player here

flower

Post by flower » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:23 pm

Lol, if we get a good gobbo running around with can or pot on head I would definately dust off Briz and help him out :lol:

ProbablyAMage

Post by ProbablyAMage » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:40 am

Since it's tangentially related, where does the official stance come down on neutral, rather than good monster races interacting 'nicely' with the surface? There are plenty of self serving reasons to associate tightly or loosely with surfacers, all while ultimately serving yourself most of all. Andunor is, effectively, a trade town. It's entirely reasonable for neutral or even pure evil monsters to deal with surfacers economically in exchange for access to goods or services they want. Thay managed it with their Enclaves across Faerun, and they're unabashedly evil. I think if there were mercantile relations between evil/neutral monster organizations and the surface it would add to the niche of the 'good' monsters, since those groups wouldn't kill a silly good Drow/Duergar/Gnoll/etc. out of hand....as long as it was worth their while.

Iceborn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Iceborn » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:36 am

I mean, sure.
As long as you aren't going all cutebold and nosing your way one heart at the time, if your character is the kind of monster that hates surfacers, but loves gold more than they hate surfacers, I see it as a viable branch of RP.

Even if they are completely indifferent to surfacers, which ideally should be something rare for a monster, you should be good as long as you retain your racial and cultural identity.
Misc Changes, with the Feats and Skills sublinks.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Take a look before asking your questions!

Sab1

Post by Sab1 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:24 pm

From past experience most people have the reaction of ohh look a goblin just ran by and simply continue what they are doing over the ohh a goblin let's go kill it. The issue is when you start claiming "neutral" that can easily roll into cheesiness. As much as I loved the Cordor/Wharftown conflicts the thing that made me say avoid this was just how open drow and others became in Wharftown. Dealing with the UD and such is one thing, but I just forsee this turning into wandering about the surface with UD races being more and more common and claiming "it's neutral and just wants gold" as being the default answer.