Castles Feedback

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

WanderingPoet

Castles Feedback

Post by WanderingPoet » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:32 pm

The castles are /very/ cool, thank you for adding them! I've had a tour of both and they're simply amazing.

Couple of problems though:

- Darrowdeep and Gloom are both tied to citizenship, so anyone with citizenship can enter, but those without cannot. Keys allow you to enter Gloom, but Darrowdeep's bridge won't open by key, citizenship only. It would be nice to allow them to be faction tied so that there can be control over who can use them. We wouldn't necessarily want someone to buy citizenship and then have full access to raid storages, and it also blocks the owners from giving access to allies and helpers that are not citizens of their settlement.

- Shops in Darrowdeep only last for 2RL days? That's... Exceptionally short lived. Not sure about the other shops, but that is very difficult to maintain no matter how much you play. Given that these locations are difficult to get to the shops, and the 'lord' is likely the one giving permission to buy them, can we make them last 7 or 14 days?
Path_of_Play wrote:Fear, intimidation, anger - All these, the tyrant's tools.
Laughter, encouragement, play - not simply just for fools.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,
From another in an hour of play,
Than in a year of contention.

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Castles Feedback

Post by ActionReplay » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:57 pm

Imo those Shops should be outside the walls for public access and we can fix so key works for Drawbridge, seems reasonable to me.

As for faction use only the problem with that is excluding other citizens of the same settlement and that will most certainly happen. Its the Settlement that owns the Castle its basically an extension of the land for that Settlement and not fair if only a certain group of people are allowed in when others might have helped in the bidding for their settlement to claim the land.

WanderingPoet

Post by WanderingPoet » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:48 am

A good point - as long as there are parts with storage locked down from people just getting citizenship to break into a place and rob it~

The shops being outside the walls would be great. Can they still have a longer than 2 day cycle like every other shop though?
These tools reveal,
More is learned,

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:32 am

WanderingPoet wrote: The shops being outside the walls would be great. Can they still have a longer than 2 day cycle like every other shop though?
Yes, the 2 day was an oversight on my part, and will fix it up when I next the chance.

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:29 pm

After the next reset these shops will be outside the castle walls (But sign to purchase them inside) and with a 7 day timeout.

WanderingPoet

Post by WanderingPoet » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:07 pm

Thank you!
These tools reveal,
More is learned,

I_Am_King_Midas
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by I_Am_King_Midas » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:45 pm

If it were keyed on factions, you could have player organizations try to control the keeps. As an example, Banite could attempt to rally together to control a keep. Now it’s more difficult for some of the more evil factions to gain a foothold there.
Last character: Vahrix Amolyn

Orian_666

Post by Orian_666 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:57 am

As much as I love the addition of the castles (havent even been a part of their RP yet but I can just tell it's an awesome feature =D) I do agree that it'd be a hundred times more awesome if factions could also try for control of them.

Religious factions could push their agenda far more aggressively if they got one.
Mercenary factions could actually look, seem, and feel like a real mercenary faction.
Trader guilds could get into the merc trade.
"Evil" factions could make genuine and serious claims on land and property, we'd see /real/ conflict for control of zones.

I've no idea how difficult it'd be to be able to do this, but if it were at all possible (even by adding a few smaller ones specifically for factions and leaving the current ones for settlements) then it'd definitely add a whole new way for faction play on the server :)