Feedback on Job Quests

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Feedback on Job Quests

Post by DarkDreamer » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:38 pm

Having finally made a new low level character in Cordor, I would like to give my feedback on the system overall.

Tasks.

Being level four at the time, I took to finding the tasks and found them wise in consideration, very much appropriate for the level of the characters and challenging enough to make you either go as a party or be ready for trouble, the risk is appropriate for the level of effort being put into it as any task should actually be a real challenge rather then just a rush through.

Reward.

The risk vs reward ration is great, very well balanced and really helps low level characters get started in Cordor, providing decent xp both in the RP xp and the physical XP and the gold aspect. Its very reasonable, not over the top and helps get a bit of gold to get gear and medical supplies without overloading the character with money.

Suggestions going forward.

As you implement higher level quests, money is going to be less and less of a draw, so perhaps the quests might offer something based on the challenge of the quest taken. One suggestion is the ultra rare gems such as a Bejuril, or Star Sapphire or Rogue stone, again these would be top tier quests, not simple ones, something akin to perhaps clearing the entire temple of Auril, the Dragon in it and there priestesses. Another perhaps is along the lines of items used to make the master runes. Perhaps limiting those specific quests to be taken once every 72 hours to prevent farming them? Also the quests could be set up to be very random, once loaded for that day, if you did not get it, then you cannot get it that day.

Closing comments.

I love this, its a great way to go moving forward and I truly look forward to seeing what the staff continues to do with this. Thank you for such an amazing update.