too many raw gems

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

TimeAdept

Re: too many raw gems

Post by TimeAdept » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:14 pm

azrael_athing wrote:
Woper_The_Black wrote:Things seem to be fine, you could say the same for 20 other items that drop in normal loot, if you don't want the gems leave them behind, just like irongut potions, various dusts etc etc.
I think you have underestimated my Hoarding tendencies... you really think I leave Irongut Potions behind? They are worth what... 8 gold?

TimeAdept wrote:The reason the warehouse functions is because PCs sell the loot they find. IT's not being filled with the 3 greenstones you find from the deposit, I can guarantee that. It functions and is useable by PCs who don't often leave town specifically because the raw ores drop from monsters.

Grinding the Bramble Woods is more activity creating than grinding set spots to hit rocks. you'd need to add a lot more of them to make up for all raw gems being removed from loot.
The reason the Werehouse functions right now, even though most of them are horrible managed, is that there is too many Gemstones in circulations, the mentioned statement that the Werehouse functions for PC's who do not leave town, would still be accurate, the prices in the werehouse would however, be different.

And honestly I don't think Grinding the Bramble Woods is a more activating method then grinding rocks, as the grinding of rocks then could be implimented into the werehouse system with someone systematically gathering them to sell in town.

e.g "Hello! I'm Dwarfy McDwarfface, I'm a dedicated Coalminer, I mine Coal!"

Or would you to counter such claim also desire Coal, (and any other material) dropped as loot?[/quote]

You can also get upwards of 10 coal from one deposit and can find tons of them without leaving Cordor and sometimes 4-5 coal deposits in one dungeon.

You'll get 1 greenstone.

Coal does occasionally drop as loot from constructs, btw, but not in any amount able to be crafted with, specifically because of how much coal you actualy need to do things with. I can go through an entire stack of 100 coal in under a RL day if I'm actually crafting and making things with it. That's not counting if we need to get ores smelted at the same time- we can end up going through 2 or 3 stacks of 100 ina day between us. I go through 60-80 glass at a time. 40-50 of each of the common gems like malachite, flourspar, fire agate, phenalope, and etc. 100+ bottles at a time.

Removing raw gems and similar from loot completely destroys that aspect of the economy, because not only would they not drop plentifully enough for players to use what they find themselves, but it wouldn't be enough left over for people to sell to those who can't grind constantly to get more materials. It would also remove any and all incentive to fight places that have monsters that don't drop loot, like spiders, animals, and sharks - and the incentive not to go to those places is already pretty high.

If you admit the reason the warehouse functions is due to the current state of the server, then you're also admitting that 1: I'm right, and 2: Your suggestion breaks the warehouse over its knees for no good reason at all.