Undeads of Manfried’s Manor

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

goodriddance

Undeads of Manfried’s Manor

Post by goodriddance » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:11 am

They are basically all immune to magic, including the boss itself. All form of magic.
Isn’t this a bit harsh? As a Trueflamer I don’t expect to solo many places, but this place is not enjoyable in any way, feel like a punishment for taking up a path :)
Maybe they could be given some spell res or immunity to either fire or arcane?

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Undeads of Manfried’s Manor

Post by Queen Titania » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:27 pm

Are you sure it's not high spell resistance and your spells not piercing through?
Please don't feed my sister.

Hunter548

Post by Hunter548 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:24 pm

A lot of the old "Evil X" undead spawns (Evil Dead, Evil Wight, etc) are flat immune to evocation. They're super old spawns and were apparently targeted at hosing mages for.. some reason.
UilliamNebel wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm
You're right. Participating in the forums was a mistake. Won't do this again.
Anime Sword Fighter wrote: I have seen far too many miniskirt anime slave girls.

goodriddance

Post by goodriddance » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:26 pm

Pretty sure.
Spell res would say "Creature attempting to resist spell" and play the little smoke animation on them.
Those actually get the 'bubble' animation around them and it says "Creature is immune".
What Hunter says... plus the ghouls, ravenous ghouls... all immune. I think only the lady is not and maybe manfried servants

Sab1

Post by Sab1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:55 pm

With how often you would see the infinity casters going about and how long the darkness tactic was used, I could see why some mobs might of been made extra hard for casters. I like this as I think it falls in with a dungeon should have challenges for each class, Dungeon X should have mobs easy and hard for each class, so one class shouldn't have a super easy time with everything. Also would encourage having to bring a pal along, someone does doesn't mind hacking ghouls to bits.

goodriddance

Post by goodriddance » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:40 am

Hey sab1, don't be so angsty against infini-casters. All the special paths have advantages and disadvantages, beside if you read my post carefully I say I don't really expect to solo a lot, since trueflamers are glass cannons and rest assured that darkness is not as effective as it used to be (modified AI runs out of LoS or often just ignores it, walks in it and beats you into a pulp while you can do nothing, cause you don't even have ultravision :)).
The concern I'm raising is indeed about going there with a party and sitting behind your huge axe wielder buddy watching him smashing the place into bits, without being able to do nothing.
That simply... doesn't sound like fun?

greatfanfare

Post by greatfanfare » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:27 pm

goodriddance wrote:since trueflamers are glass cannons and rest assured that darkness is not as effective as it used to be (modified AI runs out of LoS or often just ignores it, walks in it and beats you into a pulp while you can do nothing, cause you don't even have ultravision :)).
Wall of fire between you and the spawn before shooting firebrands at them, cone of cold when they are inside the darkness since you don't need to target them to use it.

Another solution is to pile up wall of fire, then move the dagger out of the darkness so the aggro goes to the daggger over the wall of fire, trial and error until you know how many to use so they are near death once they cross the WoF and you shoot at them without destroying the bodies.

The shelgarn's dagger gets more hp as you add evoc focus + levels, with the dr it has some mobs won't destroy it easily in a single hit, giving you enough time to throw several spells to win the fight.
goodriddance wrote:The concern I'm raising is indeed about going there with a party and sitting behind your huge axe wielder buddy watching him smashing the place into bits, without being able to do nothing.
That simply... doesn't sound like fun?
Some places have some spawns like that, but mixed with the normal ones, a place where magic-inmune mobs are the most... meh, pass.

-XXX-

Post by -XXX- » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:43 am

They are immune just to evocation. Arcane Tower sporadically organizes field trips to the manor in order to demonstrate the application of the Undeath to Death spell for the funzies.