Stealing from someones room

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

mazeofthorns

Stealing from someones room

Post by mazeofthorns » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:47 pm

My understanding was that as a rogue you can only steal /one/ item per day from someones room?

RULE 3: No Excessive Theft

"Stealing more than ONCE per real time day from the same player is prohibited and will result in painful penalties, or worse. Stealing 'once' means one successful item or gold theft. One item means one stack of items - so you can steal 99 stacked arrows, or one bow. Please note, that stealing or destroying someone's furnishings is considered griefing if more than ONE piece is damaged/stolen. Please use the pickpocket skill with extreme caution, as there can be dire consequences when used wrong."

Yet a good friend just found all 17 items from his chest gone after 1 day. (So much for telling him how great Arelith is since he is the same player who was attacked by a PC just as he logged in - in the Nomad today. No RP. *flails*)

1. So, what is the rule?
2. What do you do when it's broken by a PC?
3. And can a PC break into your room when there are two guards within sight of your door?
KALYIN -- "Black Cobra will aid your injuries should you stand close.... or he may strike you, depending on mood."

Xerah

Re: Stealing from someones room

Post by Xerah » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:53 pm

Are you sure that he actually bought the room?
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:03 pm

Advise your friend to report it to the DM's, the 1 item per 24hrs is a very real rule (unless the quarter had expired, in which case anyone could waltz in and take whatever they wanted), so if there was a rule break, they can investigate and punish the perpetrator appropriately.

mazeofthorns

Post by mazeofthorns » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:08 pm

Yes, he bought the room yesterday. And I forgot to mention that there was 1 item left in the chest so it wasn't a glitch with the chest :(

I'll have him contact a DM, do you know which one? He is unable to register on the forums due to it telling him he's tried to log in too many times. When he inputs the extra security feature it just sends him back to the same error message. (This just isn't his day with Arelith I tell ya.)
KALYIN -- "Black Cobra will aid your injuries should you stand close.... or he may strike you, depending on mood."

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:14 pm

Send a message to "active DM's"

Make sure to include player name, character name, area name (hover the mouse over your portrait to see) and a screenshot if you can of the box in question.
\

Astral

Post by Astral » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:54 pm

These are some severe rule breaches. PvPing someone with no RP is just an out of character troll action that is done most of the time by new players who are unaware of the environment. The same goes for the theft rule. PM "active DMs" for rule break reports.
Currently playing: Seth Xylo

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:09 pm

Keep in mind if the door was open it's quite possible a ton of people ransacked the place. I've seen that happen in Cordor. Door is left open, five hours later house is picked clean.
\

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:20 pm

PM myself with the details or Active DM's if you would please, so we can look into this properly.

Just note due to needing logs, these cases usually take at least a day for us to start on.
Please don't feed my sister.

Sab1

Post by Sab1 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:18 am

Yeah seem the axe weilding griefer is back and doing daily stabbing everyone sessions again.

Dr_Hazard89

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:54 am

Sab1 wrote:Yeah seem the axe weilding griefer is back and doing daily stabbing everyone sessions again.
Report. Report. Report.
Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:00 am

Sab1 wrote:Yeah seem the axe weilding griefer is back and doing daily stabbing everyone sessions again.
We aren't DM's but most of the Ordo Cordoria is happy to deal with this kind of thing for you in a somewhat IC fashion; most such troll characters are relatively low level, and the guard almost always has some heavy hitters floating around the city.

Is there a typical time/time-zone so we can send a heads up to the people usually playing during that time of day?
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002

frightnight

Post by frightnight » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:05 am

a possible alternative would be to PM said griefer and pose the suggestion of joining him in his RP *if* you and he were, together, to stand up *against* the guard

(fight the man)
"You have died...Your corpse has been picked up...Your corpse has been dropped..Player you thought was your ally has left the group."
(the ultimate betrayl..)

Gods_Kill_People

Post by Gods_Kill_People » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:08 am

frightnight wrote:a possible alternative would be to PM said griefer and pose the suggestion of joining him in his RP *if* you and he were, together, to stand up *against* the guard

(fight the man)

One, this suggests they know who the griefer is

two, this condones griefing players and in and of itself should never be allowed.

three, RP can still be made of turning against the guard, but not at the cost of breaking Server Rules.

frightnight

Post by frightnight » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:32 am

I meant in good taste..which would mean not blatantly violating the rules...and I'm referring to the murder towner in cordor not the thief

i'm personally of the assumption these are the perfect kinds of people suitable for a clearly defined antagonist role

with a little bit of lifecoaching they can turn out to be excellent individuals

--------------------------------------------------------------------

even if they are trolls..what happened to something called creativity...I remember not long ago of people setting minor spike traps on chairs....or lvl 3 rogues who just stole signs...or the 22 str lvl 3 orcs that would just KD people and run away

but they hostiled..did some minor rp..and didn't outright break the rules
"You have died...Your corpse has been picked up...Your corpse has been dropped..Player you thought was your ally has left the group."
(the ultimate betrayl..)

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:44 pm

Remember that "be nice" is one of Areliths core rules. Murdering random strangers, or setting spike traps on chairs in a very public place are not very nice things at all. Nor is stealing signs for the luls or KD'ing people with meme characters.

frightnight

Post by frightnight » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:17 pm

all I'm saying is the server should have a healthy balance of fun and RP....if it was too far one way it'd be chaos..on the other hand if it were too far the other way..we'd just be rping about the weather all day..

most people are perceptive enough to know when they're being a snuggybear

and most everyone has read the rules by now..they know whats expected
(the ultimate betrayl..)

mazeofthorns

Post by mazeofthorns » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:41 pm

@ Frightnight - Seriously? There is no way in hell my friends or my self would EVER join up with a griefer in game. They broke several rules and this guy was a total jackass. To even suggest that ANYONE join in that kind of idiocy makes me angry.

Thanks to everyone else for the helpful suggestions. Once again the players and DM's of Arelith make me so glad I play here!!

And you can lock this post.