Nobility award has no effect on UDers?

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Gods_Kill_People

Nobility award has no effect on UDers?

Post by Gods_Kill_People » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:04 am

Okay, this is a bit of a trap, since only now I am told that its only meant to effect the castles and such, I wasted a reward for this on my Drow, which honestly leaves me feeling a bit cheated since the DM even said that its not likely anything will be done with the NPCs for the Underdark as "That’s just extra coding that’s unnecessary. Drow are already treated as nobility down there. " So my first points..

1. Block this reward off or make it MUCH more obvious for UDers that this doesn't have a use for them.

2. Consider perhaps refunding those that took it since it as an UDer since it can be looked at on the Character.

3. Or perhaps offer something among the basic NPCs even just in the Hub for those that take the do take the reward, since Nobility IS a big thing, especially among Drow where Noble sons and Daughters hold reputation, and those titles have meaning.

One Two Three Five

Re: Nobility award has no effect on UDers?

Post by One Two Three Five » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:44 pm

Noble background is supposed to have been removed back on the sixth of this month.
The devil does not need any more advocates
Clerics are just socially acceptable warlocks.

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:49 pm

One Two Three Five wrote:Noble background is supposed to have been removed back on the sixth of this month.
Yes, it's a reward now. I believe that's what the topic is about.

Gods_Kill_People

Post by Gods_Kill_People » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:52 pm

Nitro wrote:
One Two Three Five wrote:Noble background is supposed to have been removed back on the sixth of this month.
Yes, it's a reward now. I believe that's what the topic is about.
Yep!

RedGiant

Post by RedGiant » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:14 pm

For what its worth I have a noble...

...kobold.
The GrumpyCat wrote:I CLICK THE HOSTIBLE BUTTON NOW U ARE DED!
Irongron wrote:The slaughter, i am afraid, will not abate.

Dreams

Post by Dreams » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:22 pm

Now you're a noble drow instead of one of the plebs. Make a house, be a king, you're only limited by your imagination (or maybe the daggers of the other drow who are scrambling to the top)!

Gods_Kill_People

Post by Gods_Kill_People » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:50 pm

The point is, what the heck was the point of WASTING a reward, I was already a Noble son, RPly I had everything, the REWARD was supposed to do something for mechanical implementation not just RP.

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:56 pm

You're a real noble and everyone who didn't spend a reward is literally a pretender.
\

Gods_Kill_People

Post by Gods_Kill_People » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:07 pm

Again, not the point, if your gonna SPEND a reward you EARNED that is SUPPOSED to have a MECHANICAL EFFECT and then find out it DOES NOT have the MECHANICAL EFFECT because it only targets a select group yet it DID NOT inform you of this, it is CHEATING those that took it EXPECTING the MECHANICAL EFFECT.

One Two Three Five

Post by One Two Three Five » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:08 pm

Have you tried pming the admins directly?

Gods_Kill_People

Post by Gods_Kill_People » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:09 pm

Its why I made a post here, so ADMIN and DMs and DEVs alike can see it.

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:09 pm

Gods_Kill_People wrote:Again, not the point, if your gonna SPEND a reward you EARNED that is SUPPOSED to have a MECHANICAL EFFECT and then find out it DOES NOT have the MECHANICAL EFFECT because it only targets a select group yet it DID NOT inform you of this, it is CHEATING those that took it EXPECTING the MECHANICAL EFFECT.
Relax. There are also other rewards that have no mechanical effect. Just RP it.
\

Gods_Kill_People

Post by Gods_Kill_People » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:12 pm

BegoneThoth wrote:
Gods_Kill_People wrote:Again, not the point, if your gonna SPEND a reward you EARNED that is SUPPOSED to have a MECHANICAL EFFECT and then find out it DOES NOT have the MECHANICAL EFFECT because it only targets a select group yet it DID NOT inform you of this, it is CHEATING those that took it EXPECTING the MECHANICAL EFFECT.
Relax. There are also other rewards that have no mechanical effect. Just RP it.
Um, I cant name ANY reward that is SUPPOSED to have a MECHANICAL EFFECT but DOESN'T, please, feel free to list which OTHER rewards are actually BROKEN like this so maybe they can be fixed too.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:01 pm

Again, not the point, if your gonna SPEND a reward you EARNED that is SUPPOSED to have a MECHANICAL EFFECT and then find out it DOES NOT have the MECHANICAL EFFECT because it only targets a select group yet it DID NOT inform you of this, it is CHEATING those that took it EXPECTING the MECHANICAL EFFECT.
Yeah, I can't think of any reward without some mechanical effect - even if it's fairly minor. I'm only a DM, so I've no real say in this- but for what it's worth I agree with you. Even if the answer is preventing UDers from taking that gift. But maybe plop this in the suggestions forum, rather than Q and A?
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Gods_Kill_People

Post by Gods_Kill_People » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:14 pm

DM GrumpyCat wrote:
Yeah, I can't think of any reward without some mechanical effect - even if it's fairly minor. I'm only a DM, so I've no real say in this- but for what it's worth I agree with you. Even if the answer is preventing UDers from taking that gift. But maybe plop this in the suggestions forum, rather than Q and A?
Respectfully Grumpy, this is the Feedback area, thus I am giving feedback, though I will put in a suggestion too!

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:18 pm

DM GrumpyCat wrote:
I thought being an official "Lord" or "Lady" title was a reward you could take that had no mechanical value
\

Gods_Kill_People

Post by Gods_Kill_People » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:20 pm

It has mechanical value, it effects specific NPCs in the new castles apparently and changes how they react to you.

Mr_Rieper

Post by Mr_Rieper » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:26 pm

Gods_Kill_People wrote:It has mechanical value, it effects specific NPCs in the new castles apparently and changes how they react to you.
Underdarkers cannot own those castles.
CosmicOrderV wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:55 pm
Be the change you want to see, and shape the server because of it. Players can absolutely help keep their fellow players accountable.

Gods_Kill_People

Post by Gods_Kill_People » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:27 pm

Mr_Rieper wrote:
Gods_Kill_People wrote:It has mechanical value, it effects specific NPCs in the new castles apparently and changes how they react to you.
Underdarkers cannot own those castles.
Exactly, but I posted this to Suggestions which Irongorn has responded to.

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:27 pm

How about spending a reward to be a good drow or half dragon? Any mechanical benefit for that?
\

Gods_Kill_People

Post by Gods_Kill_People » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:36 pm

BegoneThoth wrote:How about spending a reward to be a good drow or half dragon? Any mechanical benefit for that?
Half Dragons are 5% at this point so yes, there is mechanical bonuses that come with them, as to the "Good" drow, that is a choice you make KNOWING theres NO Mechanical Effect, its NOT supposed to have one, the difference is, the Nobility Award IS supposed to have one. So your purposely missing the point of the topic.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:41 pm

Technicaly for a Good Underdarker you get the mechanical effect of being able to take entirely new classes, new deities, and so on. Yes the effect is possibly mostly roleplay related, but not entirely.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:47 pm

DM GrumpyCat wrote: Yes the effect is possibly mostly roleplay related, but not entirely.
Just like any good reward, imo.
\

One Two Three Five

Post by One Two Three Five » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:51 pm

Irongron responded to the suggestion thread so maybe case closed?

RedGiant

Post by RedGiant » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:49 am

Irongron wrote:Nobility is its early days, and were it not for the EE announcement I would have also added some noble estates to Cordor, and hope to do the same for Andunor.

We also have a system Morderon has been working on where settlements/districts can name a certain amount of titled nobles, who get significant benefits in their home settlement. With the way things are right now I can't say exactly when that will be, but much of the work has already been done, and will affect the UD as well as surface
YESSSSS.

You will all KNEEL before my noble kobold...

...and probably still be taller...

but you will kneel, oh yes.
The GrumpyCat wrote:I CLICK THE HOSTIBLE BUTTON NOW U ARE DED!
Irongron wrote:The slaughter, i am afraid, will not abate.