UD subrace update

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

nobs3
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

UD subrace update

Post by nobs3 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:49 pm

Thank you for the UD subrace update. viewtopic.php?f=23&t=25&start=225#p127285

One small thing:

Special weapons orogs: Why greatsword? Most (two handed) orogs you can see in the UD use a greataxe.

The not so brute orog fghters - yes orogs are well trained, less chaotic warriors - might use bastard sword and shield or two swords. So bastard sword fits very well.

But for the barbarian types greataxe or diremace (last one would need support) are the weapons of choice that add more to the orog style.

Nitro

Re: UD subrace update

Post by Nitro » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:30 am

Probably because Orogs get proficiency with Greatsword (and throwing axe) in the P&P, though the bastard sword is a bit of a mystery, probably just to fit in with the theme of greatsword, but for one-handers.

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:58 am

The favored class of orogs is fighter, not barbarian. The surface orcs are more the berserker types, while orogs are more of a highly-regimented and disciplined fighting unit in lore. They're the Spartans of the dark, basically. As such, swords are appropriate for them.

Dalenger
Location: 422nd layer of the abyss, sacraficing some poor sap to Yeenoghu

Post by Dalenger » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:40 pm

But axes look so much cooler.
DM Void wrote: Don't be a salty idiot and everything will be fine.

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:35 pm

You can still use an axe on them if you like axes better aesthetically and are willing to sacrifice a bit of AB and easy access to keen for it. It's playing against the racial stereotype though, which these weapons are trying to reinforce.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:57 pm

There is a lack of runic greataxes and handaxes in general, introducing some none racial recipes may not be a bad idea.

Nekonecro

Post by Nekonecro » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:36 pm

But I like swordies on the Orogs <.<

susitsu

Post by susitsu » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:38 pm

"Most orogs you see" is an exceptionally poor basis for your view.

nobs3
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by nobs3 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:05 pm

susitsu wrote:"Most orogs you see" is an exceptionally poor basis for your view.
That is true - even if I can say that I very closely watched the (sadly very shattered) orog society the last two years.

I understand that greatsword does better fit to the nature of well trained disciplined orog warriors. So that its all ok.

But the real argument is: variety (e.g. of play styles, classes, character types... regarding orogs)

(For the bigger discussion see: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=15210)

Rivace_Silver

Post by Rivace_Silver » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:57 pm

My question is ... if I -loseexp to reduce my level for before I took power attack ... can a dm give me power attack so I don't have to lose all the rp and quarter...etc I've done a lot, hours have gone into rp just to make him armor it would completely break rp and immersion to have to remake him just for this mechanical change etc..

Seems like a fair and simple request..
-That one time that Stath did that one thing and it was funny...

-We cannot all be the hero, some have to be the normal folk who make others heros..

- we are all the protagonist of our own stories.

nobs3
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by nobs3 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:06 am

Rivace_Silver wrote:My question is ... if I -loseexp to reduce my level for before I took power attack ... can a dm give me power attack so I don't have to lose all the rp and quarter...etc I've done a lot, hours have gone into rp just to make him armor it would completely break rp and immersion to have to remake him just for this mechanical change etc..

Seems like a fair and simple request..
Best post this as a new question...

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:31 pm

DMs don’t assign feats.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Cerk Evermoore

Post by Cerk Evermoore » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:44 pm

Seems like ogres should get the bonus also considering they lack racial weapons.

Kirito

Post by Kirito » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:16 am

The server will update you with feats. You don't need anyone for that

Rivace_Silver

Post by Rivace_Silver » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:14 pm

Kirito wrote:The server will update you with feats. You don't need anyone for that
hey kirito! did you mean that if my character doesnt have a feat that is given by choosing the race (pwr atk and Ambidex. for H-orcs... or weapon focus longbow for elves .. and in this case now the update for Orogs getting pwr atk) That the server checks this for current orogs and if they do not have power attack then they will be updated to include this feat?

Would this happen on levelup ? or on a reset?

I went ahead and -losexp from lv 10 down to lv 3 and didnt take pwr atk at my first fighter level (4). and upon level up the server didnt give the feat. I'll see what happens after a reset. :cry:

-We cannot all be the hero, some have to be the normal folk who make others heros..

Kirito

Post by Kirito » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:28 pm

Rivace_Silver wrote:
Kirito wrote:The server will update you with feats. You don't need anyone for that
hey kirito! did you mean that if my character doesnt have a feat that is given by choosing the race (pwr atk and Ambidex. for H-orcs... or weapon focus longbow for elves .. and in this case now the update for Orogs getting pwr atk) That the server checks this for current orogs and if they do not have power attack then they will be updated to include this feat?

Would this happen on levelup ? or on a reset?

I went ahead and -losexp from lv 10 down to lv 3 and didnt take pwr atk at my first fighter level (4). and upon level up the server didnt give the feat. I'll see what happens after a reset. :cry:
I thought it was on enter (so login/server change) Yellow cat eyes did the coding for that though so he'll have a better clue.

nobs3
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by nobs3 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:37 pm

I never took power attack with my orog.
Now he still lacks the feature.
I deleveled 1 level, then loged out and back in, changed server, sis the same, waited for the next reset... nothing.
Then I leveled again. Nothing.
So it might not work as intended atm - if existing chacaters should also profit.

Rivace_Silver

Post by Rivace_Silver » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:18 pm

Kirito wrote: I thought it was on enter (so login/server change) Yellow cat eyes did the coding for that though so he'll have a better clue.

Can confirm that current orogs should get power attack added to feat list?