-loadoutfit Cooldown?

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

-loadoutfit Cooldown?

Post by CragOrion » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:47 pm

When did this start and why was it needed?

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: -loadoutfit Cooldown?

Post by ActionReplay » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:58 pm

Added due to how it could be exploited.

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:22 pm

How is quickchanging your outfit exploitable?

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:30 pm

It wasn't about the speed in changing the outfit. There was an actual mechanical exploit associated with spamming the command.

High Primate

Post by High Primate » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:51 pm

Let me guess, was it a duplication glitch?
Some builds I've worked on (not recommended):
Charisma Battlecleric
"E-Dodge Brycer"

DM Always This Late

Post by DM Always This Late » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:10 pm

Idk what that glitch is, if I hit the command too fast my armour goes into my bag and suddenly one is in their battle-undergarmets.

But it is what it is! Slower clothes changes are more IC anyways?
I loved and I loved and I lost you... And it hurt like hell.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:53 pm

CragOrion wrote:How is quickchanging your outfit exploitable?
Really shouldn't be answered if it is an exploit either - that's just spreading it around.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:55 pm

I noticed - fetch had a CD today too, was doing ogres and my ele got stuck on a rock, used fetch and it ran right back and got stuck again. Fetch was on a cool down that's either new or I never noticed.
\

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:00 pm

BegoneThoth wrote:I noticed - fetch had a CD today too, was doing ogres and my ele got stuck on a rock, used fetch and it ran right back and got stuck again. Fetch was on a cool down that's either new or I never noticed.
Fetch has a cooldown because it was not being used correctly in the past.

Fetch was designed to unstuck your summons from placeables, walls and doorways. The cooldown implemented should be at a value where it will not make a difference for that perspective - your summons should not be getting stuck that often.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Sab1

Post by Sab1 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:06 pm

I do think it makes more sense that one cant simply speed change over and over. Makes sense to me changing your outfit should be a slower process.

Wytchee
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Wytchee » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:42 pm

DM Spyre wrote:
BegoneThoth wrote:I noticed - fetch had a CD today too, was doing ogres and my ele got stuck on a rock, used fetch and it ran right back and got stuck again. Fetch was on a cool down that's either new or I never noticed.
Fetch has a cooldown because it was not being used correctly in the past.

Fetch was designed to unstuck your summons from placeables, walls and doorways. The cooldown implemented should be at a value where it will not make a difference for that perspective - your summons should not be getting stuck that often.
Druids' quality of life got severely nerfed here. -fetch was a necessity simply to position your summons, as they tend to move at different speeds and get stuck very often.

It's very frustrating to use an animal companion with a summon now. The animal companion is hasted and whenever it bumps into the elemental it stops and you have to use the player tool again. It's super annoying.
Current character: Abigail Duskwood

High Primate

Post by High Primate » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:36 pm

DM Spyre wrote:
CragOrion wrote:How is quickchanging your outfit exploitable?
Really shouldn't be answered if it is an exploit either - that's just spreading it around.
If th exploit is fixed though then it's not really a problem.
Some builds I've worked on (not recommended):
Charisma Battlecleric
"E-Dodge Brycer"

Xuuldar

Post by Xuuldar » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:19 pm

Druids' quality of life got severely nerfed here. -fetch was a necessity simply to position your summons, as they tend to move at different speeds and get stuck very often.

It's very frustrating to use an animal companion with a summon now. The animal companion is hasted and whenever it bumps into the elemental it stops and you have to use the player tool again. It's super annoying.
I agree but it's not just druids. anyone with more than one summon just had life become painful and it's not really about varying speeds. 3 mummies have the same issue, you use the P1 tool to tell them to move to a spot and they start to move and 1 goes and the other two bounce and stop. To get them to move anywhere you have to use the tool 3+ times. My biggest use of -fetch honestly was to get the summons off the corpses so I can loot or to pull them back when they don't listen and run off randomly(which is often). Now to loot you either have to have them on follow and run 50 ft away, wait for them to follow, then run back to loot or use the P1 tool to tell them to move off 5 times. This really didn't fix anything as people can still just pause for the timer and fetch them onto a boss or past a trap anyway. All this really did was make summons more frustrating imo.

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:18 pm

My elemental gets stuck in a lot of tile-sets, on 1 foot high ridges in outdoor areas, or on those little plank bridges inside caves.

While I know why there needs to be -some- cooldown, the 2 minute thing just has me doing a lot more waiting as my ele often cannot handle a 90 degree turn.
\

Wytchee
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Wytchee » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:45 pm

I don't even use PT1 anymore. Why should I? It's immensely frustrating without access to -fetch.

I have never abused -fetch. But neither did I often use it for its intended purpose. As is usually the case, players find a use for things that aids convenience while not necessarily breaking the rules. When you have 5 summons out at a time, especially with NWN's atrocious pathfinding, even simple tasks can be hair-pullingly frustrating without the use of -fetch on the quickbar.

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:14 pm

Wytchee wrote:I don't even use PT1 anymore. Why should I? It's immensely frustrating without access to -fetch.

I have never abused -fetch. But neither did I often use it for its intended purpose. As is usually the case, players find a use for things that aids convenience while not necessarily breaking the rules. When you have 5 summons out at a time, especially with NWN's atrocious pathfinding, even simple tasks can be hair-pullingly frustrating without the use of -fetch on the quickbar.
I spoke to a druid after this OOCly after trying out elemental swarm on a cleric character. They gave me the tip to use the playertool to control one of the elementals, and let the rest follow my PC. It seems to work pretty well, as long as the elemental you send in front is the one you're willing to let take the brunt of the damage.

Wytchee
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Wytchee » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:31 pm

I'll have to try that then, Lorkas. Thanks.

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:07 pm

When I played a PM I used PT1 to control the main big summon to micro around while the little ones just autoattacked, worked pretty nice.

AnselHoenheim
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by AnselHoenheim » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:18 pm

To be honest, I don't feel the -fetch command cooldown a big issue, I've always used the voiceset commands for all my summons, for hold, follow and attack, It's less annoying that pt1 every summon, and when you have 5 summons....it's veery messy

Teshil

Post by Teshil » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:39 pm

It's frustrating when -fetch fails for whatever reason, then it's twice the wait.

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:43 pm

Teshil wrote:It's frustrating when -fetch fails for whatever reason, then it's twice the wait.
Yeah. You use the command and your summons stutter steps behind a nearby obstruction like a box pile or behind a wall.

Wait longer.
\

Diilicious

Post by Diilicious » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:47 pm

And this command is now broken and unaccessable again... seriously?
Name: Shanna Waynolt nee Tahir
Height: 5'0"
Weight: 106lb
Hair & facial archetype: Ginnifer Goodwin
Body shape archetype: Example

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:49 pm

This is why I rp never changing my clothes.

Too hard to do it mechanically.
\

rookie

Post by rookie » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:39 am

Diilicious wrote:And this command is now broken and unaccessable again... seriously?
I found a workaround. If you unequip your cloak and helm, then you can switch outfits again. Also if you set an invisible cloak to visible and save it as a random outfit, you can switch back and forth as per normal then with everything equipped.