Auto-Loot: auto-close window

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Improv

Auto-Loot: auto-close window

Post by Improv » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:45 pm

I love the auto-loot addition and this is just a question/tweak so please don't take it as criticism--

But as the window auto-closes after auto-looting, I find myself having to re-open the corpse's inventory to pick up anything like scrolls that I might have missed. Maybe the window should stay open and be closed manually, or this behavior could be an option?

Again, thanks for the wonderful update!

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Auto-Loot: auto-close window

Post by yellowcateyes » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:55 pm

This is a quirk of the function used for automatically picking up cut gems and potions. The game essentially assigns a command to your character to get this done. Unfortunately, this has the result of auto-closing open inventory interactions.

It is only during the auto-looting of cut gems and potions that this occurs. Gold, jewelry and bounty head auto-looting does not close the loot window.

I'll see about fixing this sometime in the future.
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.

Dreams

Post by Dreams » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:17 am

Will only be picking up gold/jewelry/heads at this point then, great system though!

RP only starts at 30 if you're a coward.

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:10 pm

This has been fixed. Auto-looting cut gems and potions will no longer close the loot window or cause PC movement.
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.

Woper_The_Black

Post by Woper_The_Black » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:44 am

Seems to pick up beer as a potion, can it be left out of the potion list please.

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:23 am

Adventurers refusing free beer.

It is a sad day indeed.

Intrepid42
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Intrepid42 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:30 am

Strictly speaking it is stolen or filthy orc brews our characters are enthusiastically gathering.

But still, it offends my dwarf-playing sensibilities to turn down free beer. Perhaps an "All the Drinks" Dwarf auto-looting option? Well, maybe for beer and spirits, I can live without wine.

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:12 pm

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire