Open the slave path to other races.

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Gods_Kill_People

Open the slave path to other races.

Post by Gods_Kill_People » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:56 pm

So, playing an elven slave that came here from another city, you practically have to metagame your way to the UD to start properly. Humans get the option to start automatically there as a slave, can we please open this up to the other races? Elves are actually 70% more likely to be slaves to drow. This would help a lot of RP rather then metagame my way to the Underdark as I had to.

Cortex

Re: Open the slave path to other races.

Post by Cortex » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:13 pm

Elves aren't more prone to be slaves because they're instead sacrificed.
:)

Gods_Kill_People

Post by Gods_Kill_People » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:38 pm

Cortex wrote:Elves aren't more prone to be slaves because they're instead sacrificed.
Actually this isn't entirely true, the ideal of demeaning their lesser's is a common trait, humiliating, breaking and outright destroying their hopes and dreams is part of the drow ideals. So taking an elf as a slave, is a very common tactic, and if you currently look on the server, there are generally a lot more elven slaves then there is any other race at the moment that I am seeing.

Quoth

Post by Quoth » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:44 pm

Lore wise the most common sacrifice is drow, not elves. Lolth's favorite meal is her own worshippers. everything after that is second best or worse, so elves aren't seen as the almighty worthy sacrifice as a general rule.

Gods_Kill_People

Post by Gods_Kill_People » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:46 pm

If you actually read the dogma of Lolth, which I have, it states her own order for sacrifice, so I quote...

" Sacrifice "MALES" aka drow males, slaves, and those of other races who ignore the commands of Lolth or her clerics."

cptcuddlepants

Post by cptcuddlepants » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:48 pm

It's also a little bit of a downer if you know that accepting a raise after PVP will just mean you get killed again :P
When the going gets tough, the tough hide under the table.

Get Jad's portrait here!

Gods_Kill_People

Post by Gods_Kill_People » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:54 pm

cptcuddlepants wrote:It's also a little bit of a downer if you know that accepting a raise after PVP will just mean you get killed again :P
Honestly very much so!

hoshi

Post by hoshi » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:41 pm

I realize that the OP brought up drow, but there are other races in Andunor that don't have to worry about what Lolth thinks about who they enslave.

Gods_Kill_People

Post by Gods_Kill_People » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:06 pm

hoshi wrote:I realize that the OP brought up drow, but there are other races in Andunor that don't have to worry about what Lolth thinks about who they enslave.
This is true as well, Gnolls, goblins and others do take elven slaves.

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Durvayas » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:28 pm

The slaves that get the hardest times are elves, because drow, and dwarves, because duergar.

Any race can make a good slave, provided it acts like a good slave. Slaves that act out universally get punished up to and including being killed. Thats a given. Yes, on occassion you'll run into someone who is more hardline. Just accept that its going to happen, and in egregious cases, report it.

Overall, being a slave is not for everyone. I know people who've had a lot of fun with it, and some people its not their thing, and thats A-ok.

Ultimately, I support the OP.
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)

Ferret Roll

Post by Ferret Roll » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:35 pm

Considering that the UD races aren't above enslaving each other, and in general slavers aren't too picky about what they make a profit off of, I think it wouldn't be unreasonable to open the slave path to all races.

Personally I'd love to see a more diverse slave population than what has been done so far. Tends to fall either elf-heavy or female human-heavy depending on the time of the month.

gilescorey

Post by gilescorey » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:08 am

Ferret Roll wrote:Personally I'd love to see a more diverse slave population than what has been done so far. Tends to fall either elf-heavy or female human-heavy depending on the time of the month.
This is the most powerful paragraph ever posted on these forums

Commie

Post by Commie » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:03 am

gilescorey wrote:
Ferret Roll wrote:Personally I'd love to see a more diverse slave population than what has been done so far. Tends to fall either elf-heavy or female human-heavy depending on the time of the month.
This is the most powerful paragraph ever posted on these forums
I'm personally inspired by it.