Arcane Tower Changes Feedback

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Nyuunie

Arcane Tower Changes Feedback

Post by Nyuunie » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:43 am

I want to start off by saying that I frickin' LOVE the fact there's a Speedy Messenger now. This is probably one of the main things that I wanted in the Tower, but was too lazy/kept forgetting to put in a Suggestion Thread. The speedy has me super stoked. Like, damn.

Personally, I like that I don't need a key to access the library anymore - which was my main issue when playing an independent mage. The place feels more like a bustling college library now as opposed to, say, the neglected castle from Beauty and the Beast.

That being said, the only thing I see a potential issue with is the fact that that area for the private quarters is not behind a locked door. Rooms themselves are private areas (unless made public by the owner), but there have been a few good points made by other members regarding a lack of "safe area" to retreat to in case of attack/emergency - not including the Spellhold.

I do like the idea of having a private "hang out" space free of the bustle of non-tower members, or an area for interviews and meetings to be held. And if there was anything I think that should be changed, it would be that - just making the quarter common area more private.

JestersOftProveProphets

Re: Arcane Tower Changes Feedback

Post by JestersOftProveProphets » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:52 am

I am so stoked by this. I've been hesitant to participate with the tower because of how closed off and isolated it felt on past characters. This change is fantastic!

1. It allows all players to have an equal opportunity to play there, to interact without everyone in the tower, and it really seems like it will broaden the player base within the tower itself. Anytime a builder takes the time to make an area more inclusive, it enhances rp. I'm excited to be a participant!

3. I can tell when a builder has an artistic flare. This really shows up nicely in both the general layout and the placables chosen.

4. IT HAS A SPEEDY!!!!

Really though, thank you thank you thank you to developers who've spent hours of their own personal time without pay to make things great for us. Thank you for keeping the "big picture" in mind when making areas.

Dreams

Post by Dreams » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:09 am

Agreed with the above. The openness is a big plus! Great attention to detail, and some lovely little features in there. Great job! :)

RP only starts at 30 if you're a coward.

Xanos950

Post by Xanos950 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:14 pm

The new dueling grounds with the wild magic switch, and the spell reflect dummies has got to be the most fun thing ever.