Crafting Respec'

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

RedGiant

Crafting Respec'

Post by RedGiant » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:38 pm

This is wildly large idea, but, once the dust settles on the admittedly awesome crafting updates, would the team consider a scripted one-time respec' to all existing characters?

The rework rewards focus. The old system, (except for forging) generally allowed mastery in two trades. I think the new system is more realistic, but the old system leaves in its wake tons of characters with broken point spreads.
The GrumpyCat wrote:I CLICK THE HOSTIBLE BUTTON NOW U ARE DED!
Irongron wrote:The slaughter, i am afraid, will not abate.

liver and bones

Re: Crafting Respec'

Post by liver and bones » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Yeah, mine's kinda all over the place bc I joined just before all these new additions.

A respec, if possible, would be greatly appreciated and loved.

Dunshine
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Dunshine » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:37 pm

We're not going to allow rebuilding your craft skill points, sorry.

Ofcourse there's always the delevel option from DMs if you're really want to change something.

Hunter548

Post by Hunter548 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:17 pm

Dunshine wrote:We're not going to allow rebuilding your craft skill points, sorry.

Ofcourse there's always the delevel option from DMs if you're really want to change something.
Last I tried, this doesn't actually let you reallocate your points.
UilliamNebel wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm
You're right. Participating in the forums was a mistake. Won't do this again.
Anime Sword Fighter wrote: I have seen far too many miniskirt anime slave girls.

iria_huntress
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on 'til morning.

Post by iria_huntress » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:02 am

It doesn't reallocate your crafting points. You are correct.

Most of these recipe changes are great! I haven't made any healing kits, but I really like how the changes look.

I have one critique. Why are we cooking whole polished rocks into potions now? That doesn't feel like herbalism or anything of that nature. Dust, okay...a sprinkle of salt. Whole phenalopes?

Don't choke or chip your teeth!

RedGiant

Post by RedGiant » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:54 am

Dunshine wrote:We're not going to allow rebuilding your craft skill points, sorry.

Hunter548 is right, nothing short of a cold character remake actually changes assigned craft points. While I hear the resounding "no", I feel compelled to try a soften version of the suggestion. What about a one time respect that allows existing characters to reallocate points in existing skills only? This would prevent any silly continuity issues.
The GrumpyCat wrote:I CLICK THE HOSTIBLE BUTTON NOW U ARE DED!
Irongron wrote:The slaughter, i am afraid, will not abate.

Diilicious

Post by Diilicious » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:09 am

I feel it is a little punishing to established characters that aside from forging, didnt need a Dc of higher than 34 for any other craft and so many people picked two and mained them, now there are being added much higher DC items in these areas and not allowing people to change AT ALL to reflect this just feels poor in my opinion.
Name: Shanna Waynolt nee Tahir
Height: 5'0"
Weight: 106lb
Hair & facial archetype: Ginnifer Goodwin
Body shape archetype: Example

Hunter548

Post by Hunter548 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:46 am

RedGiant wrote:

Hunter548 is right, nothing short of a cold character remake actually changes assigned craft points. While I hear the resounding "no", I feel compelled to try a soften version of the suggestion. What about a one time respect that allows existing characters to reallocate points in existing skills only? This would prevent any silly continuity issues.
DMs can reset crafting points. I dunno if DMs will however.
UilliamNebel wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm
You're right. Participating in the forums was a mistake. Won't do this again.
Anime Sword Fighter wrote: I have seen far too many miniskirt anime slave girls.

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by DarkDreamer » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:50 am

Dm's can and sometimes will, based on the situation.

Cortex

Post by Cortex » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:16 am

Regardless if they can or not, players should not expect for rebuilds or resets based on updates and changes. If it happens, it happens, great.
:)

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:09 pm

Rebuilds and trade skill reallocation are often given due to bugs, and characters that are new (level 3) that missclicked early on.

Since the Warlock relevel there has been the misunderstanding that we will be providing resets whenever something doesn't sit well with a player when it comes to a change. This is not the case. We are not going to set the precedence of constant reworks and changes due to updates.

The only time it will be adjusted is at the advisement of the development team.

While this may not sit well with a player and they feel it negatively impacts them, we apologise. However, this does also expand your social network to get more people involved in your craft. It's not shutting you out - there is alternative means to get recipes made.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:34 pm

While I have zero desire to re-designate my crafting points on any of my characters since the crafting changes, I'd like to make a respectful argument on behalf of the people who would.

Normally when changes are made and rebuilds are not offered, it seems to be done on the premise that a balance/QoL update is being made that will not undermine a character's premise in some way that significantly impacts a focus of their RP, or totally undermines their viability. In circumstances where the character can be demonstrably non-viable specifically because of the change, I'm certain dm's and admins can and have made exceptions.

BUT. This circumstance is a little different. This reflects specifically on the core of what the character can no longer achieve, that is non-combat based, that had nothing to do with any cheese or mechanical balance. They are no longer masters of either craft despite having made it to level 30 with that in mind. They can't de-level and redo their crafting points.

After X years of not needing almost any crafting skill above 30 ranks to be reliable, it cannot be said that anyone made an informed decision regarding the current crafting tables and the spending of their crafting points.

WBTHTGA was not meant to cover something like this, IMO. A player should not have to delete_character a level 30 or even a level 15-20 and re-make from level 1 because of crafting points restrictions- but this is their only option if they want to make use of the new crafting updates in some cases.

It has been an extremely significant (and impressive as hell, by the way! :!: ) overhaul thus far, and while I've made some lucky choices with crafting points on my preexisting characters- I don't see why someone else should suffer being forced to remake or not benefit because they didn't.

I have no doubt people who present such things reasonably will be assisted with their plight- but in this circumstance why is there such a fear of allowing a blanket re-spec as though it will set a bad precedent?

The only reasonable logic that springs to mind for me is waiting until the crafting updates slow down to a trickle to issue one and only one crafting point re-allocation.
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002