Rendering Plant

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

-XXX-

Rendering Plant

Post by -XXX- » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:15 pm

The ores in the Rendering Plant in Minauros appear to be still fixed (Arjale + Mithril) and not using the new ore system.

Nitro

Re: Rendering Plant

Post by Nitro » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:18 pm

It might just be that the new system isn't in until the server resets, or, that it doesn't change until two days pass and the ores rotate.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:19 pm

It takes me a large amount of time to revisit each area, and replace the ores, I've been doing it for the last 4 hours or so, but now need a break. A large amount of the UD is not yet done, though many areas have been revisited.

Hopefully this evening I'll find some time to continue, though even so I intend to leave some fixed resources in place (such as coal in a coal mine, and the resources within Brog's Mines)

gilescorey

Post by gilescorey » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:40 pm

I'll suggest that a lot of really common stuff (like Coal, namely) stay where it is. For any large scale crafting you need insane amounts of coal, and not being able to access that whenever necessary would be a huge blow to convenience. Instead of memorising 1 spot to find coal, I'd have to memorise a bunch of spots where it might be.

I will also say that I think the value of arjale is a little too high -- nobody really uses greensteel once they can get masterly damask (adamantine) weapons. I think it should be put at the same tier as Gold/Silver, and Iron ore should be on the same tier as the common stuff, like zinc or lead.

Edit: So learning more about this, I have more yowling to do. The thing that allows for one tier higher, one tier lower should be changed, imo -- it allows for silly things like Noble veins potentially spawning literally any kind of resource. There's a degree of randomness there as a result that's a smidge excessive to my eyes.
Last edited by gilescorey on Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:44 pm

I think we'll see a small spike in Greensteel's worth now that Spellswords get an innate 5% spell failure reduction, but would agree that it's generally less useful than Damask.

Was surprised to see Iron and Gold on the same tier.

Agreed with keeping Coal more guaranteed than the rest, specifically because of just how much you need to cook ingots, glass, and, well, everything.