Feylock Feedback

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Rwby

Re: Feylock Feedback

Post by Rwby » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:32 pm

The charm spells are actually pretty amazing at lower levels.

One Two Three Five

Post by One Two Three Five » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:33 pm

Shoot, am I doing something wrong? What do they do?
The devil does not need any more advocates
Clerics are just socially acceptable warlocks.

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:36 pm

Set the NPC to neutral, as in non hostile.
Spam over group, then take them out one by one.

One Two Three Five

Post by One Two Three Five » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:37 pm

Huhhhhh. Yeah what happens for me is they get the little aura around their head and still murk me.

I'm still thinking about this change- I really like the shades, its one of my favorite spell changes in general. They clog up corridors, get that cripstrike spam. Perfect for kiting away.

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:43 pm

It doesn't work if you're in a party.

AllTheWorld

Post by AllTheWorld » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:44 pm

What do illusion focuses do to shades?
No one else has ever loved this way before.

One Two Three Five

Post by One Two Three Five » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:48 pm

Well, the spell version (shades, shadow conj) each spell gives more of the copies, shades giving three (WOO), with [caster modifier] adding to their AB, and each illusion focus adds "+1 AB, +1 AC, and +12 hit points per Illusion Focus."

Hopefully it applies here?

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:50 pm

Also all the spells cast off it are now from the illusion school, and thus get +2/+4/+6 to DC as appropriate.

AllTheWorld

Post by AllTheWorld » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:54 pm

Genuinely excited to take illusion stuff and twist my concept a little more toward shadowy things. It fits so nicely with the Unseelie too!
No one else has ever loved this way before.

Griefmaker

Post by Griefmaker » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:44 pm

Sounds like the doppleganger and things like that should be allowed for wizards who have illusion focuses too. After all, that is sort of their specialty.

One Two Three Five

Post by One Two Three Five » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:49 pm

-project_image
Also, it's a 30 level capstone? I like that it's unique to one thing. Wizards already get so...
so much.
That warlocks will never have access to.

Hunter548

Post by Hunter548 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:59 pm

I like the idea of giving warlocks one of the shadow conj line, but I wouldn't give them Shades for balance reasons. 3 illusions infinitely seems a little nuts. Greater Shadow Conjuration gives 2, and also gives web which fits with their "Tough to pin down kiting forever" sort of niche. Or, if that's too much, regular shadow conjuration gives darkness and one shadow.
UilliamNebel wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm
You're right. Participating in the forums was a mistake. Won't do this again.
Anime Sword Fighter wrote: I have seen far too many miniskirt anime slave girls.

Liareth
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Liareth » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:21 pm

It would need to be on a cooldown like fiendlock summons, but yeah, all of that pending balance!

Our Endless War

Post by Our Endless War » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:27 pm

so glad I played a feylock before all of this tbh

dopplegangers are cool, steal children w them
"what does it mean, t-pain"

kittenblackfriends
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by kittenblackfriends » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:40 pm

inb4 Titania makes her own feylock spell list for seelie pacts
Gandalf wrote:Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love.

miesny_jez

Post by miesny_jez » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:20 pm

In my opinion having the ability to infinitely summon multiple ST-sucking disabler summons while having DR and Increased speed movement with haste will make Feylocks essentially unkillable by melee.
The melee will not be able to reach to lock.. and if they finally do their ST will be lowered into levels where their damage will be non-threatening to a feylock.

This will be too much considering those Shadows are quite hard to kill actually (due to concealment).

If we are able to add any spell into the Feylock list instead just bard now how about Vine Mine instead of Greater Shadow Conjuration ? And Greater Sanctuary for lvl 28 power ?

High Primate

Post by High Primate » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:32 pm

Personally I think removing ethereal visage was a good idea, at least as far as leveling the playing field for PvP goes.
Some builds I've worked on (not recommended):
Charisma Battlecleric
"E-Dodge Brycer"

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:48 pm

so dont make the shadows infinite , make them have a cool down between summons
Yes I can sign

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:49 pm

I thought you had just removed imp invis though, isnt there something else that can be the replacement rather than just giving it back?
Yes I can sign

Hunter548

Post by Hunter548 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:13 pm

miesny_jez wrote:In my opinion having the ability to infinitely summon multiple ST-sucking disabler summons while having DR and Increased speed movement with haste will make Feylocks essentially unkillable by melee.
The melee will not be able to reach to lock.. and if they finally do their ST will be lowered into levels where their damage will be non-threatening to a feylock.

This will be too much considering those Shadows are quite hard to kill actually (due to concealment).

If we are able to add any spell into the Feylock list instead just bard now how about Vine Mine instead of Greater Shadow Conjuration ? And Greater Sanctuary for lvl 28 power ?
The thing is, those summons are counterable - They do no damage, so they exist purely to hit you with a crippling strike; Any meleer can counter that with two relatively common potions (Negative Energy Protection and Lesser Restoration), then just ignore the summons to focus on killing the 'lock.

Vine Mine is just (allegedly) bad in regards to "Melee will never reach the warlock" too, given that the warlock could throw multiples, and it halves your move speed while the warlock's is doubled by haste.

Greater Sanctuary as a capstone is actually worthless for any purpose other than leaving to warlocks. Clerics and Wizards get good use out of GSanc because they have a limited number of very short-duration spells and usually summon spells; GSanc gives them time to throw these up in a fight. Fey warlocks have no summoning, and exactly one short duration spell that they care about (Haste), which they can have all the time anyways.
UilliamNebel wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm
You're right. Participating in the forums was a mistake. Won't do this again.
Anime Sword Fighter wrote: I have seen far too many miniskirt anime slave girls.

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:30 pm

How terrible would it be if we put a scheduled pause on people being allowed to create warlocks, while we figure out a more suitable way of their implementation (haks)?

These warlock threads are a continual and frequent affair - both from roleplaying aspects, to mechanics, to balance, to suggestions/tweaks. I really don't know if there's another class that occupies as much discussion. I know it's one of the most unique classes to play on the server, but maybe it needs a reboot/restart?
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

JediMindTrix

Post by JediMindTrix » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:46 pm

Increase the duration of Displacement for warlocks. That'd be better than II.

One Two Three Five

Post by One Two Three Five » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:22 pm

Vine mine can permanently bug characters. It doesn't happen often because it's used rarely, but I have seen it happen.

Hunter's points above are valid, too. The shades have counterplay, and beyond that are super cool and thematic for fey-powered tricksters. I don't think it'll break anything and, lets be real, I've never seen anyone try to inundate an enemy in pvp with the shades. Vampires? Sure. Dragon knight? yep.

Hatsune Miku

Post by Hatsune Miku » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:37 pm

As someone with a Weavemaster that has ESF Illusion and infinite shades:
  • If they can't pierce DR they will not trigger crippling strike. Stoneskin on the shadows has no effect since they're not using creature weapons like elementals.
  • If the target is sneak immune, then they cant trigger crippling strike at all.
  • Hunter548 wrote:Any meleer can counter that with two relatively common potions (Negative Energy Protection and Lesser Restoration), then just ignore the summons to focus on killing the 'lock.
  • If you or your ally toss any hostile AoE spell on top of them, the shadows are happily prepared to turn around and cripple you and/or your ally instead. They're a [expletive] party and player hazard.
  • They still don't have the documented improved knockdown they're supposed to get with Peppermint's changes. Probably a good thing too, considering their god damn tendencies.
  • The spell is designed to make you feel stupid for learning it / wasting spell slots. But hey, they're great distractions and they look cool. Yay.

One Two Three Five

Post by One Two Three Five » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:45 pm

Well the AoE thing is how ALL ai used to act. Given that those were fixed, the rest should be fixable?