LIches?

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Subutai
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

LIches?

Post by Subutai » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:31 pm

Something that's bothered me a bit, for a while. Arelith seems to have a huge number of liches. I can probably count 6-8 liches that I know of, and that's without having been nearly everywhere in the server. For what are normally extremely powerful, dangerous, evil undead of the highest caliber, it feels like Arelith has too many, most of whom are barely worth mentioning more than in passing.

From a gameplay perspective, I realize that adding a phylactery to a boss room and making players destroy it first adds a little more challenge to the fight, but honestly, it would be nice to have something other than dime-a-dozen liches, so that liches could be as infamous and powerful as they are normally portrayed to be, rather than their current task of mostly just hanging out a short walk from civilization just chilling underground.

Ecthelion

Re: LIches?

Post by Ecthelion » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:25 pm

Worth mentionning that making them evil would be nice, too.

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: LIches?

Post by Kuma » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:13 am

it's entirely a gameplay thing, yeah. refluffing them somehow as, idk, soul anchors could work.

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)